all posts post new thread

Nutrition Best Pre-Workout Drink?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Milk.

I find that if I stress an exercise session too much, as in trying to get agitated and energized etc., it takes a toll on my recovery capabilities. I prefer to reserve the sessions where I go for extra effort to the ends of seasonal peaking plans.

If I'm trying to get better performance and recovery I will have some BCAAs and creatine mixed with water. I do this on higher volume days to prevent garbage reps and still be fresh after.

I tried BCAA in the morning days where I was in my fasting window. Didn’t feel much of a difference. I would stick to water or coffee.

Beta alanine has had some good results in the literature; I've heard of a lot of lifters swear by it too. I tried it out and the tingling side-effect definitely makes for a good work out (which is why it gets added to almost all pre-workout formulas).

I usually get some whey, maybe mixed with maltodextrin, as well. That's just more of a nutritional choice but I feel fueled during my workout.

Caffeine is probably the best though. If you don't like coffee (like myself), you can buy it as pills too.

Coffee, tea, water...anything you like (maybe save the booze for after the session).
As far as any so-called pre workout boosters are concerned, I really do not like them as well as the idea behind it.
If one needs a special elixir to get fired up/motivated for training he/she should consider doing something else.

That also goes for coffee: it is ok and desired to feel a little exitation after enjoying some coffee (although I seem to be a caffein non-responder; I just like the taste of a quality cup) but it should not be abused to the point of being dependent on it.

OJ or just water. I try not to have coffee right before a workout, but sometimes its really handy for opening up my lungs more than for the stimulant effect.

It doesn't always have that effect, so is nothing I plan on.

I used to use GAT Nitraflex with an extra scoop of Whey Isolate, Beta Alanine, and Creatine. For longer intense workouts it helped. I tried a couple of preworkouts but this was what worked for me

I have not used preworkout in over a year. Now I use coffee and coconut oil. During practice I will drink Whey and orange juice.

Geoff, thats exactly what I use....i feel good on that. love orange juice and whey. the pre workout mixes can give some gastric upset

Thanks, all of you, great recommendations by all. :)
I am going to try these all together :D

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom