all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Best Program Order

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Gepet

Level 4 Valued Member
Hello SF community. After reading a bit about some of the most commonly discussed/used programs on this forum, I've had this question: what would be the best order of programs to follow if their goal was strength and hypertrophy, using KBs/BW (BW included because of ROP pullups) only and keeping their KB collection to a minimum (e.g. 16, 24, 32 single/doubles)?

Programs I had in mind: S&S, ROP, DFW,STRONG, Giant

I don't necessarily expect an ideal order to exist but I thought it would make for a fun discussion. Feel free to add programs if you want to and explain your rational.

Hello SF community. After reading a bit about some of the most commonly discussed/used programs on this forum, I've had this question: what would be the best order of programs to follow if their goal was strength and hypertrophy, using KBs/BW (BW included because of ROP pullups) only and keeping their KB collection to a minimum (e.g. 16, 24, 32 single/doubles)?

Programs I had in mind: S&S, ROP, DFW,STRONG, Giant

I don't necessarily expect an ideal order to exist but I thought it would make for a fun discussion. Feel free to add programs if you want to and explain your rational.
If you're looking for size and strength with bells and bodyweight I would probably go with ROP. I like a variation of S&S with 10/10 x 5 push presses in place of TGU a few days a week but I think ROP is where it's at. On no ROP days you can add in Double Kettle Bell Squats for 5x5 or whatever for legs and be just fine. I'm not very familiar with the other programs aside from DFW.

I agree that S&S then ROP is a great road to take.

I’m on S&S right now working up to “timeless” swings with 36kg and “timeless” get ups with 48kg. Sinister is the ultimate goal. From there I plan on tacking the ROP half-bodyweight press and SSST snatch goals. I have thought about switching to Q&D if I ever hit a plateau in my S&S training, but that hasn’t happened yet.

I think it would be cool to try tacking the Beast Master and maybe even the TSC. There are so many other options, but this progression gets me excited!

I like Pavel's ROTK. 2-week blocks, one for grind and one for ballistic. Have squat in it. Have double clean, double snatch, double jerk.

I have done it with straight weights (in the book Pavel mentions using different weights in different days at grind block) and still reap the benefit.

I think ROTK can be followed for a very long time and still bring success.

DFW is a good program too. That's the first double kettlebell for me. William bad butt advices me doing that in the barbell off session. It has squat, clean, press so nearly every part of body get work. The only "problem" is it's short (4 weeks). Hopefully @Geoff Neupert can make a new, longer version of it, like what he did with The Giant.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom