all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Best Surface for Swings and Get Up’s

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

DarrenWilburn

Level 2 Valued Member
Been doing S&S for about three months but this isn’t a programming question per say. I primarily have trained in my sunroom which has a thin outdoor carpet over concrete or hotel gym floors.
Had the first nice day at home and decided to try outside on the grass. It was a night and day difference. I felt much stronger but more importantly had almost zero joint pain and that was awesome.
Long way to get to my question but what is the best surface for swings and get ups? If I do have to train indoors are there any recommendations on how to make the surface for forgiving?

Now that I’m training at home In my garage, I’m using a piece of carpet that I laid over a folded up insulated tarp for my TGU’s. It is way better than any surface I was able to use at my regular gym.
For swings and other exercises I’m using a 5/8” rubber mat.

Swings - surface firm enough to have a proper feedback from the ground to the feet. Cheap puzzle mats are bad, for example - too soft. Like wearing a traditional running shoes.

Getups
I use puzzlemats just to pad my elbows and knees since my flooring at home is marble

Swings I use the marble floor just put a piece of mat for the kettlebell to rest

I have puzzle mats now but i have used a yoga mat in the past. The yoga mat is kind of a pain because it can catch on your foot and get rolled up a bit but other than that it was enough cushion to make the movement comfortable.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom