all posts post new thread

Better than a notebook

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Benjamin

Level 1 Valued Member
Current Goal: S&S Simple
Secondary goals: TTC light (only increasing 1 rung after 2 weeks) pyramids of 10 for both with 2B24's

Today: TTC light 24kg's
(1,5,1,1)
2B24kg's swing inside the legs, hip high: 3-4 x 6

Still getting used to double swings with 24's, working on technique. They feel fast which is what usually happens when I go up in weight for any type of swings.

Renegade row and cleans are feeling smoother.

Today: S&S
GS w/24kg: 5(1) x 2, 1(2,1,1,1,1)
1HSW 10L/10R: 24. 32, 32, 24, 32
TGU 1L/1R: 32kg x 5

About 30 minutes.

2HSW 5MEMOTM: 6 x 5

Today: TTC light
2B24KG's: (1,1,5,1)

2B24KG's Swings: 3 x 7

Still getting used to double swings. The renegade row never ceases to teach tension. Will see how quads feel tomorrow during S&S.

Today (time it with a sun dial):
Morning: TTC Light (1,5,1,1)
No swing practice

Afternoon: S&S first half
GS @ 24kg: 1(2,1,1,1,1) x 3
1HSW 10R/10L: KG(24, 32, 24, 32, 24)

Evening: S&S second half
TGU @ 32 KG: 1R/1L x 5
2HSW EMOTM @ 32KG: 8 x 5

Saw Venom. It was awesome.

Looking forward to 2 days off of TTC. Squat days take it out of me the day after. Not in the legs this week, the upper back. Nothing pinching or anything, a good sore. It'll be nice to grow into that.

Last edited:
Today's Work: Back off day S&S

GS 5(0): 24KG x 3
1HSW 10L/10R: 24KG x 5
TGU 1L/1R: 24KG x 5

About 23 minutes

Pressed the 32KG for a couple singles this morning with right, couldn't get the left. First time pressing that, so that was cool.

Today: S&S
GS (5): 24, 24, 32
1HSW 10R/10L: 24Kg
TGU R/L: 32, 32 32, 32, 32

Hand-to-hand swing with 32: a few sets of 6-8 reps each time.

1HSW with the 32 didn't feel quite right. I may just stick to the 24 for a while. They feel crisp, 32 feels like I'm chasing weight at this point. The hand-to-hand with 32 felt much sharper. I'll do some drills after to dial it in.

TGU's felt great.

Dropped the curls from the GS. I don't know if they were doing much other than irritate my right forearm by the elbow.

...and gonna re-read the book. Because Americans can't follow directions...

Do you have access to a 28kg bell? Sometimes those in between bells can help the transition easier to the bigger bells.

Do you have access to a 28kg bell? Sometimes those in between bells can help the transition easier to the bigger bells.

No, but you're right, it'd be great to have. I'm gonna stay with the 24 for 1HSW for S&S to make sure I get a good practice in. I'm not even worry about working the 32 in for a while. I'll grease the grove on the 32. Starting with hand to hand.

TGU is good, so I don't have to do anything else for that.

Plan: Work up to 10 sets of 10 reps per day with hand-to-hand swings @32KG.
Starting with 4 sets. Warm up with a set of 2HSW. GTG style, for 3 sets, Morning, Afternoon, Evening. Other sets after S&S and TTC Light practice. Ample rest, no rushing.

*edit: Grammar and plan.

Last edited:
Today's work: TTC Light
(1,5,1,1)
32kg swings x 10: 2H, H2H, H2H

Also did 2H and H2H in the morning.

Gtg didn't work out too well today, kinda hard to do when I was out of the house from 7am-730pm. Volume for the day felt right though, felt refreshed afterwards. Finished strong, top of the press pyramid was a grind though.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom