all posts post new thread

Bodyweight Beyond stretching

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
I have recommended Super Joints to countless people. As a cross country and track coach many of my athletes' fathers ask me what they should be doing as they get older. Super Joints are the first words to come out of my mouth. I just bought my second copy (kindle version) yesterday.

Which book (and portion thereof) would be THE best way to improve side-kick (ala Bill Wallace) height? I've bought both Pavel's relax+joints books.

@bill calhoun, Master SFG Jon Engum wrote a book then started a program, both called Flexible Steel. Disclaimer - I have just started teaching the Flexible Steel Instructor certification.

Please have a look at this web page on my site for an overview of flexibility and joint health materials.

Flexibility Guide from kbnj.com

-S-

Hey Steve, I'm just seeing this. I clicked onto your site but, do not see his book listed. All I see is Pavel's books.
And you're teaching his method? Cool. I did a Google search on the book and read a few lines--before rushing out to the studio--about
use of water...interesting. Do tell and show more. I'll buy it.

@bill calhoun, there is a link at the bottom of the page for a second page, and Jon's book is listed on that. The first page is only Pavel's books and DVD's.

-S-

From the Chapter I, Introduction:

"The following pages are my interpretation of my acquired bit of stretching knowledge and experimentation. It is my hope to show you how to combine the knowledge gained in the works such as Relax Into Stretch and Super Joints as well as some homegrown stretching advice gleaned over the course of my journey. It goes without saying that if you have not read the workes mentioned above, STOP and order the immediately. They will be reference heavily here and you simply cannot be without them."

We need to take "bit of stretching knowledge and experimentation" with a grain of salt here - it's a lot more than a bit. Jon's journey represents a lifetime's voyage that, to date, has led to a 7th degree black belt in TKD and high ranks in several other disciplines as well.

I think of Flexible Steel as what Pavel might have written next if he decided to boil down RIS, SJ, and others into a simple, practical approach to joint health, mobility, and flexibility, much as he has done with Kettlebell: Simple & Sinister.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom