all posts post new thread

Barbell Big Breakfast for Barbell Course?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

shakeel

First Post
Hi everyone!

I am attending my first StrongFirst instructional course this weekend and I had a quick question. Should I eat a big breakfast before arriving or should I keep it lighter because we will start moving ASAP? It's a long course so I want to have energy but I also don't want fill up and then be under a bar within the same hour, haha! Any other advice about the course would be appreciated too (though I've found some good knowledge from searching around the forum about the course)!

It really depends of what your are used to.

If you normally have breakfast, then have it. It is a course, it is focused on learning and technique, not showing off. You should be ok under the bar. :)
If you practice some sort of intermittent fasting, you should be ok with skipping the breakfast.

Normal with a few extra calories would be good. It will be a couple of hours before you do anything strenuous, and then only by choice (you do lighter practice, then some heavy singles/doubles/triples, but it's up to you to choose how heavy). Good luck and enjoy!

What I generally do when I feel like I have a potentially 'heavy' day ahead of me is have a regular, 'comfortable' breakfast (usually toast and peanut butter or porridge) and then bring some easily digestible, fast acting carbs with me in case I start to flag. Bananas are a favourite.

You don't want to go in with a growling stomach, nor do you want to be so overfed that you just want to go back to bed! I hope you enjoy the course. Let us know how it goes!

Okay got it! Thank you for the information and prompt response everyone. I will eat a normal breakfast according to what I do daily and just throw in an extra piece of fruit! :)

I have one follow-up question (and please let me know if it's inappropriate to ask a follow-up of this nature based on forum rules): it seems everyone is saying I should treat the day normally, so does this imply I should wear my Olympic weightlifting shoes? Normally I squat wearing those, but I am unsure if wearing them would get in the way of instruction.

Okay got it! Thank you for the information and prompt response everyone. I will eat a normal breakfast according to what I do daily and just throw in an extra piece of fruit! :)

I have one follow-up question (and please let me know if it's inappropriate to ask a follow-up of this nature based on forum rules): it seems everyone is saying I should treat the day normally, so does this imply I should wear my Olympic weightlifting shoes? Normally I squat wearing those, but I am unsure if wearing them would get in the way of instruction.

Bring them with you but have a pair of minimal shoes if you have them, or you can do without shoes entirely as I recall. I didn't have lifting shoes when I went the first time and can't remember if anyone wore them, but I think you could go either way. You can always contact the instructor if you want to know ahead of time.

Bring them with you but have a pair of minimal shoes if you have them, or you can do without shoes entirely as I recall. I didn't have lifting shoes when I went the first time and can't remember if anyone wore them, but I think you could go either way. You can always contact the instructor if you want to know ahead of time.

Understood. I appreciate it Anna.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom