all posts post new thread

Off-Topic Biggest influence movie/actor

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

conor78

Level 6 Valued Member
Was talking to the kids in school about influences etc naively thinking they would cite sports/movie stars. Apparently not. Mostly YouTube characters who I have no awareness of.
Anyhow as child of the 80s Stallone, Arnold were the main men.
Clint and Bruce Lee were still prominent but they didn't exert the influence that Stallone and Arnold did.
Which actor/movie had the biggest influence in you??
Actor-Stallone
Movie: Superman/Rocky 2

Predator with Arnie!
gczax4h.jpg

13916693.jpg

It's Arnold, no question about it. I'm not so certain about the specific movie, but I think the original Terminator is it. I still think it's a great movie, and I was even more impressed as a kid.

For obvious reasons, gotta go with Ferrigno and the old hulk TV show.

Arnold is right up there, though, no doubt. Predator, Terminator 2 probably my favorites.

And, if I'm honest... Mr T, Rocky 3. I still pity the fools!

Not in order of awesomeness:

Arnold in Conan

Harrison Ford in Raiders

Charles Bronson in Hard Times

Sean Connery in any of his Bond appearances

Honerable mention Boba Fett in Empire Strikes Back - later retracted for his idiotic end in Return of the Jedi.
Honerable mention Steve McQueen in Bullit.

For obvious reasons, gotta go with Ferrigno and the old hulk TV show.

Arnold is right up there, though, no doubt. Predator, Terminator 2 probably my favorites.

And, if I'm honest... Mr T, Rocky 3. I still pity the fools!
ditto.. Not a big fan of T, and I'm from Chicago... Go figure..

Was talking to the kids in school about influences etc naively thinking they would cite sports/movie stars. Apparently not. Mostly YouTube characters who I have no awareness of.
Anyhow as child of the 80s Stallone, Arnold were the main men.
Clint and Bruce Lee were still prominent but they didn't exert the influence that Stallone and Arnold did.
Which actor/movie had the biggest influence in you??
Actor-Stallone
Movie: Superman/Rocky 2
None.

-S-

Daniel Craig! The first Bond movie he did. All around, looked strong, but also looked functional. Amazing physique!

Attachments

• 3B00C412-C45E-4A0D-AF9B-FF2EB4E58382.jpeg
    3B00C412-C45E-4A0D-AF9B-FF2EB4E58382.jpeg
    63.7 KB · Views: 23
I’ve always been more intrigued by the original heroes. Literally.

Achilles, Odysseus, the prophet Elijah(outran an entire army), and Milo come to mind. As do people like Fairbairn and Sykes.

While Indiana Jones will probably always remain the most influential character off the silver screen to me (I'm not too proud to admit that I still want to be Indiana Jones...), I must confess that male physique, cinematic or otherwise, never made too much of an impression on me as a kid until I began training in my mid-teens. This was probably just as well, however--growing up in the heyday of Masters of The Universe, my action figures might have given me the same body dysmorphia and self-esteem issues that Barbie was reputed to have given my sister.

Although not the brightest crayon in the box, even I could appreciate when a leading man wore a tank top well--dudes such as Michael Dudikoff in American Ninja (hoo boy, that's a film that has not aged well...), Taimak in The Last Dragon (the man still looks awesome), and Kurt Russell in both Escape From New York and Big Trouble In Little China (BTILC is my Star Wars).

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom