all posts post new thread

Off-Topic BJJ online

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

conor78

Level 6 Valued Member
Have done Bjj on and off but never sustained until this year. I was able to get a regular practice going prior to COVD. I have the Ribeiro book and downloaded the Danaher videos in training for home. Are there any other decent online resources. I want to develop a daily practice to work on shrimping/bridging
/fundamental skills that I can build into the end of my KB practice.
Thanks

I would check out the_jiujitsu_ronin on Instagram for some solo drills. Henry Akins also just gave his solo drills module away for free and there are 33 movement drills in there.

In general, I follow anything put out by Straight Blast Gym (Matt Thornton), Henry Akins, Danaher, Marcelo Garcia, JT Torres, and Lachlan Giles (they all have YouTube channels and most/all have online memberships).

For fundamental movements then you already have your bases covered by Danaher.

If you haven’t already, then perhaps consider some of the live streams that are on YouTube. The likes of Keenan Cornelius, Jon ThomasBJJ, Brea Jiu-Jitsu, Tom Barlow, Stephan Kesting and Yoga for BJJ initially spring to mind...

@conor78 I have been burning through Matt Thornton's Closed Guard, Mount, and Survive & Escape instructionals. I've watched a LOT of BJJ instructionals, and these are the best I've seen. His teaching progression and drills are top notch, and the "invisible" details on connection (similar to Rickson and Henry Akins, who is also part of SBG) are fantastic. Highly recommended. Here's a trailer.

@Mike Torres
Have you watched any videos by Chris Haeuter. I came across him through the M Thornton link and have spent the last few days watching his seminars. What a character and personality.

@Mike Torres
Have you watched any videos by Chris Haeuter. I came across him through the M Thornton link and have spent the last few days watching his seminars. What a character and personality.
Yes for sure. He’s hilarious :) He’s the “grandfather” of SBG!

Renzo has an awesome online academy. In the meantime, do as many swings as possible and getups. My school is closed, all I've been doing is studying videos and kettlebell.

Have done Bjj on and off but never sustained until this year. I was able to get a regular practice going prior to COVD. I have the Ribeiro book and downloaded the Danaher videos in training for home. Are there any other decent online resources. I want to develop a daily practice to work on shrimping/bridging
Thanks

Gracie University - I have been a member for years, and in my opinion, they have the best structured curriculum I have ever seen.

Thanks

I might be biased but I think my twin brother has some of the best stuff out there. The Gentle Art

I might be biased but I think my twin brother has some of the best stuff out there. The Gentle Art
You may be biased but you are also right. Cane’s stuff is top notch. I just watched an hour of him explaining Rickson Gracie’s concept of Connection a few days ago! I’m a huge fan of his and of SBG.

Galvano from Alta has some decent videos on youtube. From partner drills and more importantly solo drills in this day and age.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom