all posts post new thread

Off-Topic Blood pressure cuff recommendation

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Phil12

Level 8 Valued Member
I'm having a little trouble with my current one -- it returns rather obscene numbers. I went to the dentist the other day and it was totally fine there. I'm thinking it's probably an issue of arm size (all those presses have finally paid off, albeit in an unhelpful way). Anyone else have a similar issue and have a cuff that works with them?

I got myself an Omron meter and they had a choice of cuffs of different size. I had difficulties measuring blood pressure with my my parents' monitor as the cuff was too small but the large one from Omron has worked perfectly.

Hello,

I have no blood pressure tool to advise. However, it can vary just A LOT in function of stress, period of the year, if you are sick (flu, etc...). In all cases, a spot monitoring is not necessarily "good" or "bad". IMO, a trend is more helpful.

Kind regards,

Pet'

Hypertension runs in my family, and I've come close a few times to being medicated.

Normally running a nice 120/80, it came back 140/95 at a recent Dr visit.

Began taking regular readings again and narrowed it down quick, was taking Ibuprofen for a few days around the time of my last visit.

As Pet says, it can jump a lot.

My cuff is a cheapie I picked up at the local pharmacy. Bring yours along at your next office visit and cross calibrate - they're usually very happy to help with stuff like that.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom