all posts post new thread

Bodyweight Bodyweight Grip Exercises

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Pinch-grip Farmer's carry. If no weights are available, you can take a book and "pinch" something like a backpack (the top strap) between the pages and walk around. (I hope my description was somewhat understandable). You could also just head to the local supermarket and open pickle jars for reps (joking, of course :p)
Some great ideas here. I'd be interested in reading what you come up with for a routine @offwidth

Well, I am a climber... and I can and have done door frame pull-ups. I have a wonky shoulder and am trying to avoid hangs...
But thanks for the advice

So if the hangs are a problem, consider modifying the exercise.

1.Stand in an open door frame, closely facing the frame with the door behind you.
2. Place right hand approx shoulder height and grip frame .
3. With feet together, carefully lean to the left as far as you feel comfortable, straight arm being prefered as then all the weight is being supported by the fingers.
5.Be prepared to catch yourself if your grip should tire and slip!
6. Repeat left side.

This should be easier on the shoulder as you won't have full body weight to support, but still allow sufficient weight to improve grip.
Change finger positions from the edge to the face of the molding for a different challenge.

Consider timing the length of the holds to determine improvement.

Hope this helps!

Carl in Dover

@Carl in Dover
Good idea Carl. In fact I had already started experimenting with doing just what you suggested. My shoulder has been a lot less troublesome as of late; I've even started reintroducing some bodyweight pull-ups.

Thanks again.

Cheers...

-One arm hangs on door: if you do not put some cloth under the door it will be more unstable

-Wringing out a wet towel. The thicker the better

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom