all posts post new thread

Old Forum Bodyweight Legs Everyday for Pavel

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

RealBigSol

Level 1 Valued Member
Com. Pavel,

A few months back, you told me to perform 100 heel-elevated squats daily as extra work for quads. You told me to get back to you when I could do the 100 without much effort. You were away from the forum, but I have far exceeded the goal. What is next in the progression?

Thanks!

Solomon, well done sticking to the plan! Please tell me what results you are seeing and remind me what are your goals.

Pavel, my goal was to increase muscular hypertrophy and strength in the quad, particularly the VMO. I am 6 ft. 275. I've tried pistols in the past, but to no avail. The squats have been great.

Solomon, since reps are working well for you, try this old Soviet squat routine from Lyubersti.

A high bar squat, rock bottom with a pause, heels on boards.

1<sup>st</sup> set—bw only x 50

2<sup>nd</sup> set—empty bar x 30

3d set—bar or more x 30

Slowly add weight to the last set.

Do this two or three times a week without killing yourself (this is not HIT).

Enjoy the pain!

Pavel,

I think I understand. Very light weight. Strict form. Pretty much going for the "burn." This will do the trick without killing my joints. By the way, is there a book on these progressions somewhere?

Regarding the 100 bodyweight squats, what is the rep progression for this?  Was it do 100 right out of the gate and rest between reps till you reach 100?  Then once you are able to do 100 in a row with no rest you are completed?  Or was it do less than 100 and work up till you can do all in a row?

Solomon, not in English.  But you have what you need.  You can keep making progress for a long time if you use a moderate effort.

Ace, to focus on the quads, to maintain good alignment for so many reps.

Even if you do this plan, for your health and performance you still should be able to squat flat heeled (the FMS overhead SQ test).

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom