all posts post new thread

Bodyweight Bodyweight Program

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Jaime Sanabria

Level 2 Valued Member
Going on vacation, won’t have my kettlebells for two weeks. Do you all usually stick to Naked Warrior if all you have is your bodyweight, or is there something else you do? Just looking to maintain my strength, maybe lose some body fat.

Going on vacation, won’t have my kettlebells for two weeks. Do you all usually stick to Naked Warrior if all you have is your bodyweight, or is there something else you do? Just looking to maintain my strength, maybe lose some body fat.
It depends. How long is the vacation? What has your programming looked like for the last couple months? What is your skill level and experience with the bodyweight movements? What goals are you working towards? Are you asking about swapping in / substituting BW movements into an existing program?

It’s only two weeks. You aren’t going to lose anything significant. Enjoy your vacation. Go for some runs maybe. You KB’s will be waiting you upon your return…

Sure, the vacation is 13 days, I’m coming off of injury so I haven’t been training much for the past six months however I have been doing light daily swings and military presses for about 2 weeks now. I have some skill with bodyweight movements; I can do a pistol well on both sides as instructed in NW, but cannot do a strict OAPU on either side yet (I was almost there earlier this year!).

Im just looking for something that will hit all the major muscles and that I can do in a reasonably short period of time (~30 minutes or less), most likely early in the morning before we set out on a full day of activities. As I indicated^ I’ve gained a bit of unnecessary fat so looking to just maybe tighten up the muffin top there a bit.

It’s only two weeks. You aren’t going to lose anything significant. Enjoy your vacation. Go for some runs maybe. You KB’s will be waiting you upon your return…
Good point. I will definitely take it easy, but I just miss being active, I would probably enjoy the vacation more if I got to sweat a bit

I have not done this one, but this stood out to me in Easy Strength so I saved it in case I ever go on vacation:

When I am away from home (as I am at the moment) I do short body weight circuits and basically just go until I feel I’ve had enough, but not so much that I won’t have energy to enjoy my vacation time.

For example….
Today I did 8 rounds of:
10 Hindu squats
3 pike push-ups
5 lunges on each keg
5 pushups

Followed by light core work and stretching. The whole thing took maybe 25 minutes. It’s enough to shake of the stagnation of extra sitting around and enough that feel like I got a decent stimulus.

So something like a “chill” burpee or circuit.

Edit: it felt chill to me but you could go lighter with it; less reps, different exercises, etc

Personally, I take a resistance band along wherever I go. My travel band is an Aerobis Alphaband "Argh", cut to 3.5 m long, it has a peak resistance of 27.5 kg per hand (would be 55 kg if it was a loop) and weighs a mere 250 g including the anchor. I use it mostly for wrestling drills, flys and rows, and if I double it up, I can get up to 110 kg of resistance for squats. Add a bunch of push-up-variations and I'm set, even if I can't find a pull-up bar.

As for your question, I'd suggest pistols, pike push-up variations (including narrow ones, possibly also feet on a bed or table) and some OAPU variations if you want to do some strength work. For conditioning, if you're experienced with the jump rope that can help, other than that maybe do some burpees, either descending sets (if you're a beginner try 10-9-8...3-2-1, if you're advanced 20-19-18... 3-2-1) or, slightly easier, descending-ascending (10-1-9-2... 6-5 / 20-1-19-2... 11-10).

Hello,

Plenty of options:

Sure there are tons of other on the website.

Like @Period I also travel with resistance bands. They are extremely convenient. If you have an achor, with a little bit of imagination and a closed door, you can do lat pull down (to mimic pull ups).

If RB are not an option, Airborne Squat (also called Shrimp Squat) may give you an hybrid between hip / hinge and squat.

OAP / OAOLP are great horizontal push but also great for core (anti extension, anti lateral rotation, anti lateral flexion). Paired with L-Sit (or even HS sit up, they'll secure core training.

Beyond a "plug and play" training, you can also think in terms of movement patterns (squat, hinge, push, pull, core / carry). From there, you can pick up the energy pathway you want to train (A+A, aerobic capacity) and the adaptation you are looking for.

For instance, the 2nd link will work well for "GPP" strength and strength-endurance. The last one would give you cardio vascular endurance while maintaining strength, etc...

Usually, circuits with a relatively high resistance works well for GPP. EMOM also work great.

Kind regards,

Pet'

Pull ups (or bw rows), hover lunges , narrow grip push ups and hollow body holds are my default.

Most effort in first two drills. Second two are cherry on top.

Add in some sand (or hill) sprints and you might come back in better shape.

Enjoy the break.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom