all posts post new thread

Bodyweight Bodyweight standards

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Tommygray89

Level 1 Valued Member
Ladies and Gents,

I was wondering what are the bodyweight strength standards for Strong First?

As in the goals we should be aiming for, the other two disciplines taught by strong first both have set standards and progression of standards for example the kettlebell press for men- 5reps each arm with a 24kg to pass SFG -> 1 rep with half bodyweight -> 1 rep double kettlebell press with bodyweight.
The only standards I can find are the naked warrior ones ( 5 pistols an 5 one arm one leg push ups) and the beast tamer for weighted pull-ups an pistols.

Tommy

the SFB certification covers all progressions/regressions for owing a OA or OAOL push up which is the testing/passing requirement for the certification. I would highly recommend owning the following (which also means having the proper mobility/flexibility for each)
HLR x 5 (toes all the way to bar with straight legs)
HSPU x 5 (at appropriate elevation for your current strength) until able to do with proper form in full handstand
BW pistols x 5/5 (under control)
Pullups: (if pull ups are easy then I would work progressions toward a OA chin)
5-10 for ladies
10-20 for gentleman
OAPU ladies
OAOL gentleman

hope that helps and hope to see you all at a SFB course or cert.

Sorry to piggy back this thread, but Karen, on those standards you lay out there, regarding the HSPU in 'full handstand', do you mean free-standing or just wall-supported?

Thanks in advance!

Thank you Karen! Gives me some decent goals to chase down.
Are the progressions to the one arm chin taught on the SFB?

Regards Tommy

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom