all posts post new thread

Journey into Long cycle

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
TGU
32kg 6x2
28kg 4x3
E1'30"

GPP
6 rounds of
Diamond burpee 5x
Ring pull-ups 5x
EMOM
6'

10' of crawling
Os reset

And two current pics with different lighting.

Attachments

• IMG_20210117_125929 (1).jpg
    IMG_20210117_125929 (1).jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_20210117_130014.jpg
    IMG_20210117_130014.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 4
GPP
Snatch 10x
Windmill 1x
Reverse Getup 1x

Single 24kg Bell
8 rounds without putting the bell down
Single 16kg Bell
10 rounds without putting the bell down

Did my own ironmaster challenge today.

100 snatches with 24kg for time, only speed-switch or extra swing allowed for changing sides.
Max. weight TGU l+r.

Snatches 4'
TGU 80kg (40+40)

Strength Part
Archer Pullup 3x4 reps
Glute-Ham raise 3x4 reps
KB-Press 32kg 3x4 reps

GPP

Single 24kg Bell

Clean&Jerk 10x5 (50 reps total) - reclean after every jerk
OH-Lunge 10x5 (50 total) - after final jerk
Burpee with jump on 50cm block 10x5 (50 total)
Total time: 13'

Fluff Work + rehab:
HLR 3x4
Swings 36kg 3x20
3" Count Curls 3x
One Arm Holds 3x

Really love training at the moment, especially the GPP part, I'm planning on competing at an IronMaster Challenge this year. It includes a timed 100 rep snatch test (weight can be chosen by yourself), and a max Get-Up attempt (both sides combined for a total). Based on the results you can achieve a certain score. First of all, I have to get my tendon under control though, my cousin (a physiotherapist) prescribed 3" count curls, while keeping constant tension on the biceps, furthermore, I'll follow the advice from Anna C and focus on extending my elbow fully while catching the bell with my hips on the downward part of a swing/clean/snatch.

So basically my training will look similar to what those last two sessions looked like, a short strength part, followed by GPP and fluff work. Two 2 days of training, follow by an "off" day, on which I'm doing Maffetone cardio for 60-90', either on the bike, in the pool, or on the road. The Maff work really helped me to easily keep my cardio on track.

Diet is the usual, I'm at around 87kg, fairly lean and probably as muscular as I've ever been, so no changes in that compartment.

And, if anyone is interested, I've recently started studying medicine, which was my dream for quite some time, and I'm really content with how everything turned out.
Good luck with your medicine dream.

Yesterday short GPP
Felt a little down

Single 36kg Bell
6 rounds of
2xget-up +5reverse lunges (racked) one side
5xPullup
5x Diamond pushup (+20kg)

Today
Clean&Puch Press
2x28kg
120 reps

Btw. stopped using chalk, cause it just tears the skin apart after about 10-15 sets, works way way better without chalk for now. For handy singles it's a completely different story though.

Clean&Push Press
2x28kg
110 reps

I can see now, why you should take the days inbetween off, fatigue really creeps up on me, especially if I just slightly work my shoulder girdle on the day off.
So I'll refrain to OS on the days off, should make it easier on my system.

Thanks @Whosonfirst! Think I've got a solid base of strength but the patience of a small child, which could be problematic in the longterm :D.

15' of loaded carries with a 24kg Bell
switching from overhead to rack to farmer carry. Alternating sides shortly before failure.

OS resets
few Gi-Pullups
TGU and Snatch with a 36 for a few reps

Felt really strong today! The 6 rep sets still kick my a#@ though, they're just that much harder compared to shorter sets.

Clean&Push Press
2x28kg
120 reps
30'

OS+Pushups

Did a BJJ mobility workout by Steve Cotter, and really enjoyed it. Trying to get a solid deep squat stance for grappling.

Goblet Squats
Wall Squat (facing against wall) - played around in this position, my ankle/hip flexibility still prevents me from being comfortable or stable in this position but I'll get there.
Bottom-up press in deep squat, normal presses in squat
a few heavy snatches to round things off

Numbers keep going up and the workouts become more solid. Thought about maybe uploading a set or two, to get a lil form check.

Clean & Push Press
2x28kg
125 reps

OS + mobility

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom