all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed books for self development

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Reading BORN TO RUN currently. I happened on it via xeroshoes.com since they based their sandals on the huaraches that the Tarahumara wore to run in. I read a kindle preview and then had to buy a hard copy so I can share with any many folks as I can.

I have the Amuri cloud by Xero.
I love them. Really comfortable. You'll hardly notice you are wearing anything

Peaks and Valleys by Spencer Johnson. Gives you a perspective on life in an interesting way. It really helped me get on track with my hustle.

I myself just read one of the best books on leadership I have in a long time; Extreme Ownership: How US Navy Seals lead and Win by Jocko Willink and Leif Babin. I found it extremely enlightening, as the authors use their experience and knowledge can in combat to determine principles. Within the text, they apply it to business, but the principles apply in all aspects in life. As a high performance coach in baseball I'm already envisioning where I can improve, and have many ideas for my day job in exercise rehab.

Side note: The main author, Jocko Willink has a pretty good podcast as well. He did a couple guest spots on Tim Ferriss and Joe Rogan's podcast that I highly recommend

William B. Irwine, A Guide to the Good Life. The Ancient Art of Stoic Joy, Oxford University Press 2009.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom