all posts post new thread

Kettlebell bottoms up carry vs suitcase carry for grip

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
A month back I walked a mile with one #18 in the BU position, switching hands every 100 steps. Same week I did around 1.5 miles with two #13's, alternating hammer curls and walking with both in BU position. Doing it for shoulder rehab. Have done plenty suitcase carries with one or two 24-32's.
I can't tell which is better. Do both

Bottoms up is like holding something that’s alive. So if you need to hold something that’s moving I’d go with that ( but also both).
Good point. And the BU bell in my left hand is more alive ( needs work ) than the bell in my right. Less prevalent with a suitcase carry.

Good point. And the BU bell in my left hand is more alive ( needs work ) than the bell in my right. Less prevalent with a suitcase carry.
Absolutely, same with me. I just recently broke my foot. While many would never recommend a bu tgu (to half kneeling), i did it at 26# and it really helped keep me sane and make solid improvements during my down time. My left hand made marked improvements, while my right only made slight stability improvements.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom