all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Bow hunting GPP

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Patrik Novák

Level 3 Valued Member
Hi everybody who love iron game

So and the word gave me the word and I started interestingly about bow hunting ... I found out that hunting was covering my physical demands for choice ... running, hiking obstacle course etc ...

my question is subject to some protocol aimed at hunting and things around??

It's like returning to the roots of hunting and harvesting like our ancestors
I don't know why but I feel like Harald Motz is trying to do something similar ...

Thanks for your advice and opinions or personal experiances...

Look up Sean Sewell, who is quoted on page 43 of Q&D, and who has a Facebook page.

-S-
Thank you Steve!

The bow hunters I have worked with greatly improved their performance using the Q&D program. I have a lot of respect for the dedication and difficulty of this activity. I am an avid mountain recreation based person (100+ days a year at 10k+ elevation- backcountry snowboarding, splitboarding and backpacking).

The results the guys I worked with have been inspiring. Plus, my deep freezer is now full of great meat

I am happy to get deeper into this if you would like!

Hello,

@Sean Sewell
Could you explain us - even a rough idea - what your training looks like (if you do not mind) ?

Kind regards,

Pet'

Thank you Steve!

The bow hunters I have worked with greatly improved their performance using the Q&D program. I have a lot of respect for the dedication and difficulty of this activity. I am an avid mountain recreation based person (100+ days a year at 10k+ elevation- backcountry snowboarding, splitboarding and backpacking).

The results the guys I worked with have been inspiring. Plus, my deep freezer is now full of great meat

I am happy to get deeper into this if you would like!

shooting with a bow got me totally ...
I train every days some time two times a day.

I started looking for various protocols and the bow hunting program and found that the same needs were needed globally as for paratroopers and reconnaissance soldiers...
I found something like Mountain athletes where I found interesting articles...

using snatches,swings and push ups I don't have a big problem when stretching my bow even though I started with a stronger model...But I also water cover my rucking with heawy backpack and so...

But I think I need train also some rotational exercises and also pull and push with band...

Can you explain yours protocol s for bow hunter?

Hey Pat, I've bow hunted for many years. I thought that S&S was a great program. Particularly if done in an A+A manner. I've also found Right of Passage to be good when again done along with some LSD aerobic work. If using ROP watch your elbows with the pull ups. You may want to substitute with KB rows so that you don't strain the elbows.

Generally I will add some T-Spine mobility work.

What ever you decide on, another method I found was to train and tire the muscles. Then I will go out to my range and shoot. My thought is that this hopefully will simulate the stress of drawing down on an animal.

I know a few guys who will do something like jumping-jacks until breathing hard and then pick up the bow and make the shot. Again to stimulate the stress you'll be under to make the shot.

Good luck

It's a tough thing to be able to stabilize when your heart is pounding out of your chest, and you are gasping for air. Never done any bow hunting but I've had some experience shooting a rifle under that kind of duress...

Hey Pat, I've bow hunted for many years. I thought that S&S was a great program. Particularly if done in an A+A manner. I've also found Right of Passage to be good when again done along with some LSD aerobic work. If using ROP watch your elbows with the pull ups. You may want to substitute with KB rows so that you don't strain the elbows.

Generally I will add some T-Spine mobility work.

What ever you decide on, another method I found was to train and tire the muscles. Then I will go out to my range and shoot. My thought is that this hopefully will simulate the stress of drawing down on an animal.

I know a few guys who will do something like jumping-jacks until breathing hard and then pick up the bow and make the shot. Again to stimulate the stress you'll be under to make the shot.

Good luck

Thsnks

The intent behind doing sprints or short intense before the shot in practice is to train yourself with breathing to drop heart rate. Build the process into your mantra. Not easy but once you have the muscle memory it becomes instinct. At least that is my take on it. The guys from "the hunt backcountry" podcast are into this. They definately glycolic oriented for their training.

For me S&S swings, A+A , and now Q&D with LED/heavy rucking in terrain has worked for me. Im primarily a backcountry bow hunter, actually more of a bow hiker based on my success. This is pretty similar to my training for wildland firefighting.

For me S&S swings, A+A , and now Q&D with LED/heavy rucking in terrain has worked for me. Im primarily a backcountry bow hunter, actually more of a bow hiker based on my success. This is pretty similar to my training for wildland firefighting.

Are you do also some carries or TGU ?
Thanks

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom