all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed Boxing routine

• Thread starter Deleted member 8599
  • Start date
Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Deleted member 8599

Hey I guys I want to post here a simple boxing routine for the average Joe and for someone who can't make it to the gym. It's from my boxing coach, to stay fit during hard times which life can throw at you.
You need some equipment:
A rope for skipping, a heavy bag and gloves and a timer.

First part is the warm up:

20 minutes rope skipping, medium intensity with no sprints!!

Second part:

5x3 minutes shadow boxing. Keep a good pace and do your footwork!

Third part:

5x3 min heavy bag training. Keep a good pace with medium effort but Punch your combos very quick and stay active with your footwork.

Fourth part:

Do calisthenics | bell work | barbell work or anything else. Keep the excersises simple and don't lift heavy. I end those sessions with the PM from Etk.

The important note is to stay in the medium or light zone. Don't push hard!!

If the gym is closed I did this workout in the past 5 to 6 days a week. You will further improve your conditioning and you can focus on technique and learning new skills.

This workout is nothing fancy, pretty simple but very effective.

Greets

I've actually been thinking a lot about this lately. I've taken time off to acheive Simple, but I'm very close to timeless Simple, and I think the Simple challenge is looking doable soon, so I'm going to get back to my boxing/Muay Thai training soon (keeping timeless Simple two times a week).

My only question about your program above is this: Have you ever thought about combining parts 3 and 4?

For example, 3 minutes on the bag, then one set of "Do calisthenics | bell work | barbell work or anything else. Keep the excersises simple and don't lift heavy." This way you mimic the ebb and flow of fatigue and intensity in a fight, while still working on strength/mobility and technique. I think it would also keep your heart rate quite high and strengthen your lungs without accumulating acid or extreme fatigue, especially of you do what you said on the bag: "medium effort but Punch your combos very quick and stay active with your footwork." I might throw a power shot in there 3-4 times a round too.

My thought with that is to build a sort of high-capacity, whole-body conditioning without exhausting any one aspect of fitness.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom