all posts post new thread

Bret S. training log

Running is such a basic human movement pattern. Not only that but (without sounding too mushy) is one of the best forms of feeling free there is... (some manage it with more grace than others...)
That's for sure!
My two great freedom modes are running and riding the motorcycle, I don't think it's a coincidence they both involve wind in my face. Missing out on running for the past few months has been a big challenge mentally, I feel relieved now that I'm finally on a clear path to recovery.

I used to think I must go heavier. But light snatches feel good too. Used the 18 kg a lot and heaviest the 22 kg last few years. Since my second covid using the 16 kg a lot. Surprisingly that works and feels better than expected. Although also thinking of doing geoff neuperts King sized killer again with the 22 kg.

That's for sure!
My two great freedom modes are running and riding the motorcycle, I don't think it's a coincidence they both involve wind in my face. Missing out on running for the past few months has been a big challenge mentally, I feel relieved now that I'm finally on a clear path to recovery.
You might not know it but I have a vintage Ducati 750SS

You might not know it but I have a vintage Ducati 750SS
Nice! What year?
My neighbor has a 2018 Ducati 996, it sounds beastly.. I have an 82 Goldwing Aspencade and a 2002 Valkyrie Standard. Think I'm gonna sell the wing because all I want to ride is the Valk.

The Blue Angel ❤️
IMG_0258.JPG

A pic from Hwy 46 near San Simeon during the fires last summer
IMG_0309 (1).JPG
The GL1100A.. I like to ride it as a bagger
IMG_0107.JPG

Wed 3/10

NS burpees and pullup for 60 mins (2 per minute, one every 30 secs) 10 min cool down row.
Back to the well on this one, surprisingly the shoulder tweak is gone, well, it's sore to the touch but still performing without pain .. shrugs
Got sore from Niko running and needed today for recovery. Damn that felt good :)
Screenshot 2021-03-10 at 3.52.25 PM.png

Last edited:
Fri 3/12

Burpees and pullups x 120 rounds
360 pushup
120 pullup
Under-recovered and eats before this session made it a little tougher physiologically.. that's ok, it's been a long time since I dove into the red zone :)
Digging the locomotion and burpees this week, my mace is calling to me though
Screenshot 2021-03-12 at 6.42.43 PM.png

Last edited:
Sat 3/15 - Sun 3/16
25 min yoga stretch both days

Mon 3/17
25 min yoga stretch after Buteyko 3 x L14
Buteyko every morning upon waking - 3 x L14

Mace and ab strap one arm kettlebell zercher squats (alternating 4 rounds)
40 mace turns @ 22lb
5 + 5 zercher squat @ 24k
Playing with these, I like them.

Mace and DC&PP (alternating 4 rounds)
40 mace turns @ 26lb
Double clean & push press 5r @ 20k
Push presses are feeling better on the shoulder, seems NS burpees are improving my shoulder along with mace :)

3 rounds
2hsw x 10 @ 36k
pullup x 5r
Nice easy session, still not fully recovered from last week.
Screenshot 2021-03-15 12.11.13 PM.png

Wed 3/17

Recovery day:
3 - L14 Buteyko
30 mins yoga stretch
6 rounds Wim Hof breathing bubble

Walk run at Mission Bay in the grass, ran about 40 mins until my legs started to PaM, then walked with a couple short run segments. NS burpees are more leg-centric than I thought, also squats the day before may have fatigued the legs a bit. I think running slowly is also a lot of leg work, last week I got sore from not much of it along with burpees.
Going forward I'll check my ego and walk when needed as I rehab.
Screenshot 2021-03-17 1.29.08 PM.png

Back
Top Bottom