Sn R x 5 ""
20 mace turns @ 26lb

Snatch 10 x 5 @ 24k

Mace 2 x 50 10&2 @ 22lb

Totals
250 assorted mace
100 snatches

Low energy day, I think the puppy is kickin my a$$ ? ROFL

Seriously though, HR pattern is a mess, just felt 'off' today and yesterday, during the run I got really nauseous (nausea is kinda rare for me) halfway through but it passed, I think the numbing agent the dentist uses doesn't agree with me, or maybe some infection remnants got stirred up.. dunno
Screenshot 2021-06-24 3.41.07 PM.png

Good thing you kept it reasonable with a 1 hour run, 250 mace reps and a measly 100 snatches then. I mean, these things can escalate quickly. Sarcasm aside, heal well my friend.
Haha, thank you brother, good things.. good things.. ?

Hello @Bret S.

I like how you pair burpees and running. Sounds like a 'sustainable IronWolf' !

Have you noticed some sort of transfer from burpees to running ? For myself, I tend to find they help a little, but not sure about what would be the right volume to make them a nice 'running assistance exercice'

Kind regards,

Pet'

Hello @Bret S.

Have you noticed some sort of transfer from burpees to running ? For myself, I tend to find they help a little, but not sure about what would be the right volume to make them a nice 'running assistance exercice'

Kind regards,

Pet'
Pet',
I did notice a difference in running when I was doing higher volume burpees, it was something I noticed right away. The problem lies in burpee volume, fatigue creeps up very quickly with them it seems. I found doing the NS burpee every 30 seconds for an hour to be a fantastic session and loved what it did for me, then I hit the wall and had to cut back.
I'm with you on the greatness of burpees, and I too haven't quite figured out how to dose them.. another problem is now I have too many really good movements to choose from. I've been pondering what to do about it a lot lately, and to add more complexity, I'm more interested in a minimum effective dose overall.. at this point I figure time will iron it out.

Fri 6/25

Mace
2 x 50 turns @ 22lb

Snatch
20 x 5 @ 24k

2 Rounds
Clean L, then R x 5 @32k
Clean L, then R x 5 @28k
Clean L, then R x 5 @24k

Finisher
mace 1 x 100 10&2 @ 22lb

Totals
200 mace
100 snatch
60 cleans (in ladder format)
Feeling a bit better today, was gonna beach run but didn't have the chance with tides and scheduling.
Screenshot 2021-06-25 4.30.32 PM.png

Hello @Bret S.

Kind regards,

Pet'
Not focussed on running but was a good read, and had some swing+burpee programming suggestions. He is an ocr guy so i at least know he runs too.
Hardstyle Burpee

Mon 6/28

Beach run 1 hr
Nice easy run, kept a steady pace and just went with it, ended up covering more ground than it felt like despite a couple miles of mushy, rocky sand.
No dips today, no time and water is up to 67 deg. so getting way too warm :)
Screenshot 2021-06-28 12.34.36 PM.png

Tues 6/29

Mace
2 x 50 @ 22lb

Snurpees
20 x 5 Sn @ 24k
20 NS burpees

Finisher
2hsw x 25 @32k

Low energy still.. it's getting old feeling like this, puppy fatigue I suppose.
View attachment 14126
I know it.. not sure how you get through these low energy days with only 100 mace 360s, 100 KB SN, 100 NS burpees, and a party 50 32 kg swings. Time to get things sorted out, man. You don't want to be on probation...

I know it.. not sure how you get through these low energy days with only 100 mace 360s, 100 KB SN, 100 NS burpees, and a party 50 32 kg swings. Time to get things sorted out, man. You don't want to be on probation...

Unfortunately I have to correct you here my friend, it was only a paltry 20 burpees and a measly pathetic 25 swings ?
As a reward for my efforts, the dog kept me up half the night last night ??

Wed 6/30

NS burpee x 60
40 @ 30 sec intervals + power jump, pullup and jog in place
20 """ with no pullup and no jog to slow HR down

10 min rowing cool down

Still feeling 'off' but there are signs of a shift beginning to take shape.
Screenshot 2021-06-30 12.18.04 PM.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom