all posts post new thread

Bret S. training log

Thanks man, I'm not feeling very strong these last number of days. Things will eventually settle down and become more normal... Stress is a killer, and this past week was crazy busy and pressure packed.

Happens to the best of us... especially when burning the candle at both ends. Good to see that that you're keeping things in perspective.

I like dags!
Buddha is 23 lbs already and his jaws are getting stronger every day, that coupled with his sharp little 'Jaws' teeth make playing a real adventure haha.

This dog is the easiest to train dog I've ever had, he learns in a flash and aims to please (most of the time).

Tues 7/13

Rowing and pushups
Row then 10 PU at the 5 min mark (30 mins)

DC&PP
11 x 2 @ 20k

Walkout to pushup
10 x 5

T:
100 pushup
25 min row
22 DC&PP
8 pullup (wasn't feeling these)
Nice recovery session, shoulder is ok'ish.. going to take awhile to get back to where it was. :/
Screenshot 2021-07-13 6.45.52 PM.png

I like dags!
Buddha is 23 lbs already and his jaws are getting stronger every day, that coupled with his sharp little 'Jaws' teeth make playing a real adventure haha.

This dog is the easiest to train dog I've ever had, he learns in a flash and aims to please (most of the time).
A neighbor down the street, said the same thing about his all-white German shepherd, Buddy. Buddy passed and little Nina took his place, who looks a lot like your litte guy, and she's quite a handful, but will get there eventually.

A neighbor down the street, said the same thing about his all-white German shepherd, Buddy. Buddy passed and little Nina took his place, who looks a lot like your litte guy, and she's quite a handful, but will get there eventually.
I had a white Shepherd for 13 years, he was the best dog I ever had, He took care of my 3 babies protecting them as his own. They're a lot of work initially but they pay you back 1000's of times over with love and loyalty for many years. This one's gonna be bigger I think, and he's scary smart, he learns very quickly and aims to please without being a lapdog or suck-up.

Fri 7/16

Snatch
40 x 5 @24k

Walkout to 10 pushup x 4

Was going for 60 NR today but heat and humidity did a number on hand skin, fasted all day today and also 2 days ago, OMAD may work for me here and there depending on workload for the day.

Every day is 40 to 60 mins fairly brisk walking with Buddha, running will come back into the picture soon I hope, with some calf cooperation. HR ran wild today..
Screenshot 2021-07-16 3.39.56 PM.png

Mon 7/19

Morning 2 mile brisk walk with my buddy Buddha, not logging the evening walks, either 2 mi or the 1.3 mi route.

Mace
2 x 50 10&2 @10k + 5 squats each set

NS burpee with power jump & pullup x 52
44 on the 30 sec mark, then 8 more on the minute, was jogging in place and doing it all until HR jumped red, then dropped jogging to lower it.. had to go OTM to finish.

Heat and humidity was pretty intense today. Fasting 22 hrs again..
Screenshot 2021-07-19 3.02.39 PM.png

Back
Top Bottom