Thurs 10/28

AM
Trail run with Buddha
Screenshot 2021-10-28 10.26.03 AM.png

PM - Sumpin session
2hsw - 10 x 10 @24k

Alternating
Pullup 4 x 5 - No significant pain doing these with palms facing
Hindu pushup 4 x 5 - Some definite pain lowering into it, then bliss up into cobra

Mace
2 x 25 @ 22lb
2 x 20 @ 26lb
3 x 20 @ 30lb
Mace weight doesn't seem to matter too much, some pain in raising arms. After yesterday the shoulder sung a little bit but it didn't carryover into the morning. Definitely have graduated from trauma and high inflammation, recurring tweaks of life are becoming less severe and the body is getting stronger.
Moving to raise a glass and drink is painful, can raise arms OH now with not as much pain. Hangs, rowing and mace are helping. Will continue this work and strength training through run, walk, row and ruck.

Later - 1 mile walk after dinner
Screenshot 2021-10-29 3.49.31 AM.png

When my shoulder was really jacked, this was the exact motion that was causing me pain as well…
Yep, no fun at all.. it's slowly coming around, if I could have avoided follow up insults to it things would have gone much better. Despite all that it's good to be getting stronger and more durable again.

Yo bret. Where do you train exactly, at home, gym, outside inside?
I train in the garage Larry, in there I have all I need.

Haven't trained in a gym for at least 20 years, can't stand them. Now they're even worse, in the 80's when I was bodybuilding it was cool at times.. I really dig the dirty old iron gyms.

I train in the garage Larry, in there I have all I need.

Haven't trained in a gym for at least 20 years, can't stand them. Now they're even worse, in the 80's when I was bodybuilding it was cool at times.. I really dig the dirty old iron gyms.
I figured as much, but the rower and number of maces always made me wonder if you were at a small kettlebell/mace bell gym

I figured as much, but the rower and number of maces always made me wonder if you were at a small kettlebell/mace bell gym
The rower I picked up a few years ago, it's an air rower with chain pull.. pretty bulletproof. Maces I make with different size basketballs, concrete and 2" bamboo for handles. KB's are pairs in 4k increments from 12k to 48k, got them all at around a buck a pound from a local wholesaler. It's nice to have a home setup. Add in a pull-up bar, gymnastics rings, rubber mats, bands and other assorted toys which gives me tools to do lots of stuff.

I may need step by step instructions on that mace making. I have a diy sand filled keg, shorty keg. made a medicine ball out of a bball, sand and duct tape too. I already have the pull
We had those rowers in my wrestling room, they are bulletproof.

Lemme know if you need it, I did a write-up at BWAS awhile back, if you can source the bamboo the rest is easy to find. I get mine at a local garden center and hand pick what I need.

Thicker closet pole works too, if you can't get bamboo.. and it's less affected by weather.

I may need step by step instructions on that mace making. I have a diy sand filled keg, shorty keg. made a medicine ball out of a bball, sand and duct tape too. I already have the pull
We had those rowers in my wrestling room growing up, they are bulletproof.

Back
Top Bottom