all posts post new thread

Bret S. training log

Mon

AM
5.3 miles complete with all dog stops... walk .75, then jogging with slowly increasing speed, nice uphill at the end.
*Nasal breathing was smooth well into the red zone, have to credit Buteyko work.. don't think I could do that a few years ago.
Walk laterScreenshot 2022-11-07 2.58.28 PM.png

PM
Quick 10 min row after OS, mobility etc. Semi-sprint for half, felt good.
Screenshot 2022-11-07 4.35.53 PM.png

Somehow, I never got the high pull feel right to me. Guess I never got the motion/ movement pattern right.
I hear you there. It took awhile for me to get used to high pulls, they save my shoulder from being annoyed by heavier snatching so I had an interest in making them work. I find a more 'shallow' drop to be productive, almost like a 'dead hang/regular' hybrid.

When done with thoughts of keeping the sternum 'up' with shoulders square and keeping the lower arm straight while waiting until the bell is slightly out from under me, they feel pretty solid. When I'm hitting the timing just right the bell seems to fly up, almost on its own.

I hear you there. It took awhile for me to get used to high pulls, they save my shoulder from being annoyed by heavier snatching so I had an interest in making them work. I find a more 'shallow' drop to be productive, almost like a 'dead hang/regular' hybrid.

When done with thoughts of keeping the sternum 'up' with shoulders square and keeping the lower arm straight while waiting until the bell is slightly out from under me, they feel pretty solid. When I'm hitting the timing just right the bell seems to fly up, almost on its own.
Somehow, they do not feel right for my shoulder. More often than not, they caused problems, so I gave up on them.

Somehow, they do not feel right for my shoulder. More often than not, they caused problems, so I gave up on them.
Meh.. if snatching is good for you that's even better. I can snatch up to 24k without much issue, the 28k bell in a high pull lets me load more weight. It's always an experiment these days.

I think it teaches you exactly where you should punch up in the snatch. I’ve been enjoying them with doubles.
Ha, yesterday I did a couple of snatch sets and didn't time the punch up at first. It felt very weird for the first couple of reps until muscle memory came back.

Back
Top Bottom