all posts post new thread

Bret S. training log

Bret,

I've had quite a bit of calf stiffness/cramp recently after jogging in mud and snow; been using compression socks afterwards and they've been a great help, along with some work on the roller. Might be worth a try?

Bret,

I've had quite a bit of calf stiffness/cramp recently after jogging in mud and snow; been using compression socks afterwards and they've been a great help, along with some work on the roller. Might be worth a try?
Thanks Mike, I don't have compression socks but have been doing heel drops, rolling, scraping and just plain resting it.
I think 4 days earlier or so when I tried to run I barely made it 1/8 mile, so I'm pretty confident I'll get this resolved soon. Still have to get to my kinesiologist, the problem is coming from up higher I believe. When foam rolling it shows some connection there..

Anyway, I appreciate the suggestions brother ?

You'll be at 1k before you know it!
If my recent experience with breaking new ground in run distance is any indicator, I'd best proceed slowly. I can't believe the calf setback is so severe, at least in my mind it is.

I started to feel it in hand skin near the end, though abdominal stress is the real risk I believe. If I over did it there, recovery would be lengthy I think.. my shoulders started to feel a little looser near the end also, which is something to watch out for as well.

Anyway, DFYU still rules the day so I'll be careful. I'll be 62 in 3 days. Woohoo!! [sarc] :p

Last edited:
Sun 1/17

Snatch
62NR @ 28k

Birthday present to myself ---> 62lb x 62NR x 62 yo = ?

Last session of mace doing 700 reps stressed my hand skin some, made things difficult today, the last 20 repeats were a challenge as skin was burning hard, limped through the last 10 NR using fingertips.
Screenshot 2021-01-17 at 11.37.25 AM.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom