all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Bridging the gap from 40Kg to The Beast TGU’s

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Sgoode

Level 1 Valued Member
“The Beast” just arrived at my door step today. I’m pretty excited. I’ve been progressing in SnS for the past few months, I’ve passed the simple test and now on toward Sinister. I’ve got a way to go to master the 40Kg bell but I’m able to get the single arm swings for time, the TGU’s are giving me some trouble though. I can do them with the 40 but not in the time allotted for Sinister. A weak link for me is the shoulder strength. Playing with the beast I realized I may be further away then I thought. Any suggestions on building shoulder mobility and strength while progressing toward sinister? Thx!

A few options to totally own your 32kg

Multiple getup reps
Ultra slow getups

Insert these along with your regular 40kg practice and I'm sure you'll have the timed 40kg getup standard

A few options to totally own your 32kg

Multiple getup reps
Ultra slow getups

Insert these along with your regular 40kg practice and I'm sure you'll have the timed 40kg getup standard
+1 to this. For me, double and triple reps at the baseline weight have been very useful for moving up a bell size.

I had really good results by owning the 40kg (doing slowmotion Reps and /or Pause at the different stages, like Mark Limbaga said). After a couple of months the 48Kg was not that much of a problem any more.
Other Ideas: Partial reps, Overhead Carries, Slowmotion, getting stronger in the press and others

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom