all posts post new thread

Kettlebell broad shoulders with just a hint of pecs, back muscles standing out in bold relief, wiry arms, rugged forearms, a cut-up midsection, and strong legs w

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
I think I could use my mace and clubs for some of that stuff.
A strong person could use about 50-70lbs. I've worked up to between 35 and 50 depending, but started out with 20-25. The longer and lighter the pole, the tougher it gets. The heavier the pole the easier it is to hold the load further from center of mass.

I do need to update my training log with the most current mechanics.

A strong person could use about 50-70lbs. I've worked up to between 35 and 50 depending, but started out with 20-25. The longer and lighter the pole, the tougher it gets. The heavier the pole the easier it is to hold the load further from center of mass.

I do need to update my training log with the most current mechanics.

How long is the pole?

My mace isn't that long -- 31".

How long is the pole?

My mace isn't that long -- 31".
The one I work with is 50", my hands are normallt spaced about 25" apart.

I use a 1" ID pipe just fits the end of a spin lock bar. But initially any sturdy pole with a hole drilled across about 2" from the end. Rest it on top of a kettlebell and lash it on. Swapped to a spin lock after banging my knuckles on the kb repeatedly.

Hello,

@North Coast Miller
I really like your Hobo Bundle training ! But I like even more the results it provides ! I guess you are as strong as you look !

How do you work on the leg using it ? Indeed, is not the weight light for leg training ?

I am curious, what was your sandbag routine ? I used to train with this tool back then and had great feeling doing so.

When we look at the type of physique the guy on Instagram has, or @North Coast Miller 's, we can notice a few things:
- use of several complex moves in several plans
- possibly, use of several tools in the same routine (case for Instagram)

Guys like Ido Portal (or gymnasts / grapplers) also have this kind of physique.

Kind regards,

Pet'

Last edited:
This thread is fun to read. Some good lookin physiques on here.
I had to smile at the squat discussion. You dont need squats to have strong legs unless you use squats to measure leg strength. I dont squat so cant do 30kg. But i can pick up 120kg and walk with it.

I must say the classic torso requires a low body fat percentage to really get the abs showing. AND is optainable by doing Clean & Press.. With double kettlebells. I havent made pics since 2016

Last year summer i laddered clean and press with farmer walks. Double 26kg kb for cp and up to 4x24mtr with 114kg 3 times a week. I was too fat for defined abs but broaddddd.

Recently ive gone back to doing c and p and already had comments on becoming broad esp the shoulders. For the farmer walkd i chain kettlebells together so technically thats kb only :p

Ive also had lovely glute hypertrophy by foing 1 hand swings per s&s in the past. And inner thigh hypertrophy by swings. The back bulb that barbel users obtain by doing Rows might be slightly obttainable by doing heavy cleans? Never paid attention to it. My back and shoulders are definitly the most muscular looking areas atm. My legs are hard treetrunks but not defined.

'classic torso' shown i. Etk is obtained by a foundation of pure strength training and daily dumbel isolation exercises. Dont forget that. Clean and Press will get you close.

Hello,
@North Coast Miller
I really like your Hobo Bundle training ! But I like even more the results it provides ! I guess you are as strong as you look !

IDK about that! I am pretty strong in the movements I train anyway.
One thing that it delivers as intended is ability to manipulate objects away from center of mass. This is huge in day to day blue collar work. Every lift begins with a hefty activation of the anterior chain and this braces the posterior chain. This has been very therapeutic and protective to my lower back issues.

the other thing I noticed is the separation between pec and anterior delt pretty much disappears. I engage with upper pec as an extension of the delts. Around the time that Hobo Strong pic was taken I changed the water cooler at work with one hand, elbow free floating.

It has its limits, you cannot train the big movers as effectively because the limiting hardware is bicep, grip, and shoulder stabilizers. I learned the hard way not to use loads in excess of a 6-8repmax. That's why I switched to sandbag for the big push to put on mass. I've given up on using it as a primary training mode and now it gets used 2 weeks out of every 6. But for working core and stabilizers it is absolutely intimidating.

How do you work on the leg using it ? Indeed, is not the weight light for leg training ?

I have to train squat and hinge conventionally. Realistically, the added core activation from working with the load away from the body is only applicable to upper body work.

I am curious, what was your sandbag routine ? I used to train with this tool back then and had great feeling doing so.

Very conventional push/pull/hinge/squat. I tried doing some volume work and Cluster sets with them but ultimately defaulted back to modified DeLorme. The only challenge is finding ways to adequately load lower body and how to hit movement angles for upper body with minimum number of lifts. Lower body is still a challenge, I have to do abbreviated ROM Good Mornings with sets of 50+ with my 100lb sandbag to adequately challenge my DL pattern. As soon as things open up a little more I intend to pick up 200lbs of steel shot.

Every couple of weeks I do a few metcon/bootcamp type workouts to relieve built up stress/staleness from doing a lot of high tension work. This also doubles as part of my "power" training. This all being my minimum dosage plan. Higher gear I'd be doing a metcon and HIIT session every week and 3x resistance training.

For those broad shoulders and hint of pecs how did we leave out dips?

As some have said:

"Dips are squats for the upper body"

Hello,

Even if they may be dangerous on the long haul, neck bridges are a great tool to supplement trap work.

Kind regards,

Pet'

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom