all posts post new thread

Kettlebell broad shoulders with just a hint of pecs, back muscles standing out in bold relief, wiry arms, rugged forearms, a cut-up midsection, and strong legs w

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Pistols are more of a balance/skill move than a functional one, and they don't particularly make my knees feel so good.

I tend to fall on my butt with pistols.

But I can do BB loaded Bulgarian split squats.

I'd need to see some pretty solid research to convince me that loaded pistols are worth the steep skill curve compared to other loaded unilateral exercises I can do.

Otherwise, I'd have to spend 4 weeks or so regressing and learning and missing out on those gainz!

I tend to fall on my butt with pistols.

But I can do BB loaded Bulgarian split squats.

I'd need to see some pretty solid research to convince me that loaded pistols are worth the steep skill curve compared to other loaded unilateral exercises I can do.

Otherwise, I'd have to spend 4 weeks or so regressing and learning and missing out on those gainz!

I just do single leg squats from a crate. These are the lowest skill / highest day to day transfer movement I have come up with.

@Jamesjones
I haven't seen beast tamer who has bad physique...

Just focus getting stronger on presses, rows/chinups, dbl fsqs.. add some swings/snatches. Form must follow the function. Sleep and diet are important, but training stimulus is number one. Diet does not have to be perfect all the time. Just remember to keep lifting and you will impove your physique to some degree.

I have recently put some muscle with complexes. It's rare. I just don't build usually visible muscle. Not even with barbells. I Respond pretty well to strength training overall. I get better what I do.. I increase what ever I'm training for, strength, power, speed, endurance, work capacity etc . But I don't build muscle well. Or actually I have decent amount of muscle but I'm 194cm tall over 100kg guy. To look like a bodybuilderish I need a ton of muscle..

Hello,

@watchnerd
Pistols may not be the best option if maximal strength and size are the goals.

However, as you mentioned, the balance component is important, and this is interesting when you are involved in activities which require some kind of blend between strength and balance.

For instance, my rucking abilities are way better now. Indeed, I did not use pistols a lot before. But now, my ability to evolved with a load on a rugged terrain is greatly improved.

To a certain extent, my boxing game also benefits from it.

I think the pistol, like anything else, is a tool. So its use a very goal depedant.

Kind regards,

Pet'

Hello has anyone achieved this classic physique with kettlebells I know most people have got into great shape but has anyone solely achieved this with just kettlebells
What's your stories ?

I am immensely proud to say that I have indeed achieved this classic physique, only not with kettlebells...
My stories is this:
inspired by Milo of Croton, yet determined to elaborate upon his work and build a longer-term, more sophisticated strength program, I fathered five sons, three years apart...
I am now low-ball back-squatting my eldest - bull-scrotum rash-free...
and just passed the SFG snatch-test, slinging around my youngest, who is twelve years-old and weighs about 40kg

Last edited:
Hello,

I am immensely proud to say that I have indeed achieved this classic physique, only not with kettlebells...
Picture ! Picture ! ?

So did you use progressive overload with barbells ? What was your programming then ?

Kind regards,

Pet'

Hello,

Bobby Pandour is supposed to having built his physique using high repetition training using a 10lbs db and also carrying his brother on his back while climbing stairs as fast as possible.

He was a gymnast before starting his strongman carreer so he also did plenty of handbalancing and core work.

This is not "surprising" if we consider that a "simple routine" of push ups (no matter the variation, but preferentially a hard one) and sprint can lead to impressive physique.

Kind regards,

Pet'

You also need sandbags..... I love sandbags, its taken be about 6 years to get to 180lbs in it.... Lost a couple years to injuries and and poor program planning...

Carry a sandbag a few times a week at the end of your routine, and try some rowing with it.. I got messed up back, so i'm not shouldering right now, but that is another great one..

So kettlebells, calisthenics, sandbags + some grip training and sledge swings... That will get you there...

also, i've got about 15-20lbs of fat to loose and i'd have that physique....Beer will add weight...

can some of you kindly post some photos of your physiques pre/post current after incorporating kettlebell? Thanks!

can some of you kindly post some photos of your physiques pre/post current after incorporating kettlebell? Thanks!

"Before" was 15 years ago.

And I've never done them exclusively.

Photo is in avatar, pretty much the same at present, although my butt is bigger now, with a hefty contribution to a#@ mass from KB swings.

Last edited:
Don't have any "before" pics, I started out with kbs at 155lbs. My belt size is pretty much the same in all the pics. I don't pay much attention to my diet...

This is first progress pic at about 185lbs 5'10"
101200159_zpsdz91rzz1.jpg
:

This was peak with 100% KBs, about same weight but much better put together:
DOSlY3wm.jpg

This was peak using my patented "Hobo Strong" program, no kettlebells (zero accessory work for midsection/core), about 190lbs
W65KiYKm.jpg

and this was last year after about 12 months of 100% sandbag work, no kbs, the closest to my Frazetta inspired ideal as I'm ever liable to get, 205lbs, put on a lot mass in my legs that isn't visible in the pic:

8VcxSdkm.jpg

Don't have any "before" pics, I started out with kbs at 155lbs. My belt size is pretty much the same in all the pics. I don't pay much attention to my diet...

This is first progress pic at about 185lbs 5'10"
101200159_zpsdz91rzz1.jpg
:

This was peak with 100% KBs, about same weight but much better put together:
DOSlY3wm.jpg

This was peak using my patented "Hobo Strong" program, no kettlebells (zero accessory work for midsection/core), about 190lbs
W65KiYKm.jpg

and this was last year after about 12 months of 100% sandbag work, no kbs, the closest to my Frazetta inspired ideal as I'm ever liable to get, 205lbs, put on a lot mass in my legs that isn't visible in the pic:

8VcxSdkm.jpg

Great results!

But I have to ask about the Hobo method...

I hate to look to Instagram for guidance, since you never knew what sort of 'supplements' someone is taking or if they built their muscle doing something else, got bored and starting using kettlebells.

But this guy is too impressive to dismiss. He has the physique you are looking for.

Not sure why the link isn't working. Search for "Akira the quiet conqueror" and it may be the first Instagram link.

I hate to look to Instagram for guidance, since you never knew what sort of 'supplements' someone is taking or if they built their muscle doing something else, got bored and starting using kettlebells.

But this guy is too impressive to dismiss. He has the physique you are looking for.

Not sure why the link isn't working. Search for "Akira the quiet conqueror" and it may be the first Instagram link.

I dunno about the leopard skin underwear....

Posts 14 and 20 show the versions I used to use, currently I still cycle them in and out but only using three variations, haven't updated any of them with new video on my training log. Absolutely brutal stuff, but it does great things for me. Challenges my core more than anything else I've ever done, by a lot.

I think I could use my mace and clubs for some of that stuff.

Looks like I only need a lot more strength, about 30 more pounds of muscle & 5% less fat... And maybe hair.Screenshot_2020-07-09-14-52-05~2.png

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom