all posts post new thread

Nutrition Broccoli? What is Pavel's beef with broccoli?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

User 6372

I get his beef with chicken(as I understand it) even if I don't completely agree. What is the problem with broccoli? I have heard only good things about it.

Hello,

Brococoli is full of vitamine C. It would also be considered good to make homocysteine blood concentration lower, which is good for the heart.

I believe broccoli and beef are both good.

Kind regards,

Pet'

Unless your preferences are warped, eat what you feel like eating, at least for the most part. I know eat less salad and more cooked veggies the winter just because it feels right.

I eat broccoli when it's drowned in cheese sauce. :)

-S-

I happen to like broccoli.

I've heard there's a certain chemical in broccoli that some people can taste. Those who can taste that chemical tend to not like it.

I'm paraphrasing but the statement from Pavel that I believe the issue with chicken & broccoli came from was something like

A weak animal and a weak vegetable.

How a vegetable can be weak I don't know. I eat in moderation, they say too much can introduce too many goitrogens into a diet for some people.

Marcus Bondi always gives broccoli the hard sell and he's one of the strongest natural bodyweight strength exponents I've ever seen. He has several world records to his name, so broccoli couldn't be that bad.

His six top diet tips are
  1. Avoid alcohol – it kills all your wonderful training, dehydrating muscle & sapping strength progress.
  2. Eat lots of vegetables – all the time. Floyd Mayweather eats a huge bowl of steamed broccoli with every meal.
  3. Drink lots of water every day! Easy!
  4. Eat the cartilage/connective tissue from chicken; it’s great for your joint strength/health.
  5. Eat the flesh and skin of mangoes – so many excellent vitamins and enzymes.
  6. Avoid white bread, rice, sugar, etc

Unless your preferences are warped, eat what you feel like eating, at least for the most part. I know eat less salad and more cooked veggies the winter just because it feels right.

I eat broccoli when it's drowned in cheese sauce. :)

-S-

I do. I had chicken today. Pavel just seems to say these things, and I wonder if there is a rationale (like chicken) or whether he is just messing with people.

Hello,

Every cabbage are good for digestion if I remember well. Plus they are full of antioxidant, which is good to reduce aging cells.

Kind regards,

Pet'

Last edited:
I don't eat broccoli that much (maybe I should) and I'm not a fan of chicken either. I eat lotsa eggs thou.

Hello,

Salted cod is full of protein !

On a larger perspective, if we consider vegetables if you are fed up with eggs:
lentils and beans + every cabbage
amaranth, oat, barley, quinoa, rye, wild rice, soy

Kind regards,

Pet'

Last edited:
Cruciferous vegetables make me happy, and whats wrong with chicken? I have heard Pavel talk smack about the chicken eating, what reasoning?

I reckon he's just poking fun at the 'broly trinity' of gym rat foods: chicken breast, broccoli and brown rice.

It seems there are a number of bodybuilder types whose idea of 'eating clean' involves eliminating everything from their diet save the aforementioned trio and truckloads of whey protein.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom