all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed Bruise on my arm after blood test

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Abdul-Rasheed

Level 6 Valued Member
Friday morning I gave a blood test. The Nurse drew it from my left arm. Friday and Saturday there was some pain. Sunday I noticced an area on my left arm that had bluish, purple discolorisation. I googled and found out that the term is called bruise, and there was leak of blood under the skin. There is still some pain when I fully extend the arm. Question for you, should I stay away from lifting weights a while until this heals? This is a bummer, an unfortunate stumbling block to my training plans. Tagging @Steve Freides .

This is a question for the nurse or your doctor. It's unlikely but possible that something was damaged in the process of taking blood. Bruising is quite common and you've understood it correctly.

In your place, I would try gently extending your arm a few times to see if the area "warms up" and starts to feel better when you use it - if so, you're probably OK although checking with your doctor or the nurse is still recommended. If you think there may be more damage than that, then I'd absolutely go see the doctor.

-S-

Yeah, it is harmless but lifting is not recommended. I am going to take a few days off and see. Thanks Steve.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom