all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Buidling size with bells

• Thread starter Deleted member 316
  • Start date
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Deleted member 316

With winter approaching and the festive seasons (thanksgiving, Halloween, and winter solstice) comes good eats and big meals. Which of the various muscle building programs lends itself to max outcome and minimalism? I am still pretty much living out of a motel during the week so I would prefer a one or two bell program.

Geoff also did Kettlebell Express (and KB Express Ultra), which has a number of short term hypertrophic programs. Also the second phase of KB Strong is a minimalistic hypertrophy program.

A non-Neupert program that works is the five week Shock & Awe Protocol by Scott Iardella.

Pavel published an article called "The Muscle-Building Magic of 'Fast Tens'" a few years back. You might look it up. It's a good option.

Escalation Density Training with 70 lb bells is my go to.

Completed all of Geoff's More Kettlebell Muscle Program. The two which really stood out in regard to torture were the A & P especially heavy day and Herky Jerky done as a chain. The last week of heavy day with 12 jerks dispersed between front squats, double snatches and double clean with a work/rest 1:1 was ugly.

I thought the Wolf was a lot easier than You Don't Know Squat 2.0 Oh Row You Don't 2.0 was pretty awful as well.

Used double 45 lbs on all of these.

Pavel published an article called "The Muscle-Building Magic of 'Fast Tens'" a few years back. You might look it up. It's a good option.

I'm doing Fast Tens right now, I'm at the 5th week (out of 6). I do it with only one 16 kg (I don't have two 16s). I practiced the various movements (clean, snatch, etc..), and I think they are about OK. I appear more muscular (my FFMI is 0.4 higher) but I don't know if I have actually more muscle mass. I also lost 1% body fat, while maintening my body weight (65.5 kg @ 167 cm tall, manlet). I enjoy this program, and I think I will do another cycle in a near futur. You need to practice the movements before.

I already did 6 weeks with a 16 kg 8 months ago, while "fasting" (a cup of butter-coffee in the morning, training at 5 PM, eating right after the training). I lost fat (~3 - 4 % body fat) and won some weight (+1 kg on the scale), probably because of the creatine. I was also stronger (from 0 press @24 kg to 3 presses), and I've seen a good drop in my 10*10 one arm swing time (24 kg). My technique in all the movements was awful, I was too weak, and obviously you are not supposed to under-eat while doing this program.

How's the Wolf going @MikeMoran? I've always looked at it like some form of twisted torture that I need to try at some point.

Right now with 2x20kg and its not too bad. Will make you suck wind and interestingly your arms/shoulders will feel it a lot too. Lots of RACK time.

Wow, the fast tens mentioned here. I tried that for six weeks a few years back. It did deliver for sure! I didn't have my jerks down back then and they ended up more like push presses. Was a good one.

The Promethius Protocol seems pretty straight forward, idiot proof, and minimalistic. Has anyone here done it? How would you rate its effectiveness?

@HUNTER1313- I used it on a deployment about three years ago and it worked well. I started with the base workout every third day for about a month. Later, I cut down to 8 sets of 5 and did it every other day. I made every other training session a light session. I had great strength gains and good conditioning. On off days I did long walks or light rowing. I'm glad I read this post, I had forgotten about the training program. Pat Flynn has some good, but crazy, workouts.

Hmm fast tens looks like just the ticket after I finish this months cycle. Got more variety than my current basic plan. Sound like just the thing to keep motivation and interest high. Been wanting to work the clean and jerk.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom