all posts post new thread

Bodyweight Building a new park: need help

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

TheChefOne

First Post
Hello there guys,

We are a Barcelona's fitness center and we are planning to build our own "functional training / street workout park". Our idea is to buy all the materials and make it cheaper than it would be buying a pre-fabricated park. The objective is create a park to attract crossfit, streetworkout and calisthenic users.

Since I'm sure that you have far more experience than us, I would like to know your opinion:

1. First of all, what are those elements that you think its should be a must? I mean: high bars, parallel bars, crossfit jump box...
  2. On the other hand, we have a punching bag, a climbing rope and a training rope. All we need to do is create the structure for this three.
  3. We have searched measurements for high bars and parallels. What we have found is that high bars should have a height of 2,50 meters and around 1,50 meters of width and parallels around 1,50 meters of height. To me, that seems a little bit high. What do you think?

Thank you so much for your help.

Please for the sake of all tall guys like me, make one of your high bars 2,75m and keep one of the parallels at 1,50m.
I haven't found a gym where I could do true tactical pullups. If you're 6'+ you always have to tuck in your knees during pullups and dips otherwise you touch the floor with your feet during the movement.

That's how such a park looks like in Germanys two biggest commercial gyms:
14272117_642103602633723_1893371214_n.jpg o.jpg

High bars, parallels, boxes, medballs, battleropes, a climbing rope, some kettlebells and maybe a special wall where you can do handstand pushups and you should have covered everything.

Low bars too at different levels for pushups and one arm pushups and also one arm one leg pushups.

Vertical pole for doing lateral flags
Low bars for 'Aussie' pull-ups, and elevated push-ups

Thank you all for your replies.

Do you know if building the pilars with wood would be more economic than building all the structure with iron? Also, iron would be safer than wood? Anyone with experience building parks?

Thank you again

Thank you all for your replies.

Do you know if building the pilars with wood would be more economic than building all the structure with iron? Also, iron would be safer than wood? Anyone with experience building parks?

Thank you again

I'm a mechanical engineer. I would avoid wood if possible. First, wood is too flexible, and the joints have to be bolted (or similar), so the overall structure would not be rigid and move when people hang from it. Second, wood requires high maintenance to prevent from rotting, specially if it's outdoors. Third, most are made from steel, so I would stick with what works.

I've seen a few made of wood which were fine, but it was special wood, and the bars were steel. If you can try to get quotations for both alternatives, making sure the wood offer is done with hard wood, treated for outdoors and metal bars.

Good luck!

Canes for handbalance work would be amazing outdoors. Hard to put them together without using wood, though.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom