all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Built Strong Minimalist

It would seem that they may have pulled it down temporarily, maybe while they add this spreadsheet you guys were mentioning.

View attachment 19204

It's up again, but still no spreadsheet.

are there kb ballistics included or what about hinge movement?

No, it's like the Simple Strength For Difficult Times, push, pull, squat, and alternate with S&S or IC

No. But the recommendation is to do swings on off days (specifically S&S style) or Iron Cardio, both with lighter than usual weights. The A+A program minimum from Fabio (from the newsletter) would probably work well here, too, if you favour heavier weights.
What is A+A program minimum?

@TedDK
From the strong first newsletter...
The following protocol is perfect for strength athletes who hate endurance work, yet choose to be prepared, should life insist.

Speaks Fabio Zonin, StrongFirst Certified Master Instructor:

“I perform heavy swings twice a week.”

“Heavy” is relative. When reading the following numbers keep in mind that Fabio deadlifts 600 pounds and adjust your kettlebell weights accordingly.

“Usually, 6-10 sets of 5 reps with 68-80kg for two-hand swings, or 6-10 sets (3-5 per side) of 5 reps with 48-56kg for one-hand swings.”

“Rest intervals between sets are around 2min, more if I feel that I need it. And even though I don’t do any kind of “high intensity interval training,” when it comes to challenging myself with a task that requires endurance, I see that I can still keep up very well with those who do it all the time.”

Despite having just started another program, I'm interested in learning more about this. Seems like the URL is coming back with 404 errors, for now. Probably a hiccup. I suspect that it will get resolved in the next day or two.

Well, I bought this program and used the 80% discount code they gave me to buy Iron Cardio (video, not book), but then they didn't give me a link to download videos, only sent me a link to pdf files (for both Built Strong Minimalist and Iron Cardio). I sent them an email. This is really weird.
You can usually download the videos when viewing them from your account. They usually don't appear on the download page but can still be downloaded from the viewing window.

All right. Very excited. Seems to be online now:

• 8 week Built Strong plan + plan generator.
  • Squat, Push, Pull (upper body and midsection)
  • Video instructions on a variety of exercises (barbell, kettlebell, bodyweight).
Stilll 42% off with FALL2022.

Only problem is that I haven't finished watching Iron Cardio... and I have comitted to at least another 6 months of block training with different plans :) But given that this plan adresses the movements that I usually ommit, it might be a perfect inbetween cycle.

Victorious is great, so I am sure this one will deliver too!

Edit: Of course, I had to buy it. 50 pages of instructions on BTS3 and the exercises. There are actually three plans with 3-9 exercises of your choice.
Can this plan be done with kettlebells only?

Back
Top Bottom