all posts post new thread

Barbell Bumper plates recommendations

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Lots of used weights, including bumpers, on Facebook Marketplace.

-S-

Thanks @Steve Freides you are right plenty of choices on FB market place; looks like they are as costly as new ones if not more.

Thanks @Eric Addis I will check it out.

I got a notification from Rogue saying 'HG 2.0 Bumper Plates' are back in stock, by the time I logged to order, and it was out of stock. Either they sent me an email in error or they were all soon gone!

Thanks @Steve Freides you are right plenty of choices on FB market place; looks like they are as costly as new ones if not more.
This is true, but if you're patient, there are reasonably priced things out there.

-S-

Thanks @Eric Addis I will check it out.

I got a notification from Rogue saying 'HG 2.0 Bumper Plates' are back in stock, by the time I logged to order, and it was out of stock. Either they sent me an email in error or they were all soon gone!

Check again and/or call. Sometimes website updates lag email notifications.

@Abdul-Rasheed, are you looking for bumpers for noise reduction when deadlifting, or for Olympic lifting, or something else?

My understanding is that, for Olympic lifting, the bar and its ability to rotate is more important than the particulars of the weights.

For powerlifting, over the years, I've used all manner of plates and, except if you're trying to reproduce a competition environment, the differences don't really matter. We have some black rubber plates here, and also some more traditional, colored bumpers, and no one really knows the difference for powerlifting.

-S-

Check again and/or call. Sometimes website updates lag email notifications.
That's a good point. I just checked, still out of stock.

@Abdul-Rasheed, are you looking for bumpers for noise reduction when deadlifting, or for Olympic lifting, or something else?

My understanding is that, for Olympic lifting, the bar and its ability to rotate is more important than the particulars of the weights.

For powerlifting, over the years, I've used all manner of plates and, except if you're trying to reproduce a competition environment, the differences don't really matter. We have some black rubber plates here, and also some more traditional, colored bumpers, and no one really knows the difference for powerlifting.
No, not for Olympic lifting. Mainly deadlifting. Occassional presses and bench presses. The reason I looked for bumper plates was that, what I own already are black bumper plates, which I got from FaceBook MP market place by the way an year or so back. I just wanted them to match. :)

No, not for Olympic lifting. Mainly deadlifting. Occassional presses and bench presses. The reason I looked for bumper plates was that, what I own already are black bumper plates, which I got from FaceBook MP market place by the way an year or so back. I just wanted them to match.

What surface will you be lifting on / dropping on?

I've got about 300 kg of bumper plates of different types, different thicknesses, and different durometers.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom