all posts post new thread

Off-Topic Buteyko App

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Karl

Level 6 Valued Member
I’ve been trying the Buteyko app on my phone for a couple of weeks. I generally try to do 2 sessions a day, once after meditating in my red neck near infrared sauna, and then in the evening after work.

Just curious if anyone else has used the Buteyko app or if there is a better way for me to learn and improve with Buteyko.

Karl

@Karl, there is more than one Buteyko app.

The one that comes from the school I teach in, http://advancedbutyeko.com, is free to download and give access to the first level without an account, and access to the second level if you register. After that, though, all the additional levels require being enrolled in a course or private instruction.

-S-

@Steve Freides thank you for the response.

I believe that is the one I have. It is from the Advanced Buteyko Institute. I am still doing the level 1.

I’ve been trying the Buteyko app on my phone for a couple of weeks. I generally try to do 2 sessions a day, once after meditating in my red neck near infrared sauna, and then in the evening after work.

Just curious if anyone else has used the Buteyko app or if there is a better way for me to learn and improve with Buteyko.

Karl
Karl, I have been practicing buteyko for 2 years. Its been very good for me.

You are practicing inside a sauna? I have found that buteyko practice raises my temperature a lot. During the winter, I sometimes sit outside with just a T-shirt for my practice. In my opinion, it works much better in the cold. Give it a try.

Last edited:
@Oscar I do not practice in the sauna all the time. But if I am in my sauna then I do meditate and buteyko breathing. At least level 1 of the app.

@Oscar did you ever go see a coach or do the webinars? Based on your other resent post sounds like it has had a positive influence on your training?

As many notable people on this forum use buteyko breathing I believe I can not ignore this technique any longer.

I think I will work on level 2 in the advanced buteyko app for a couple weeks, then see about doing a webinar. I guess I still would like to see a significant improvement in my easy breath hold before I get into the webinar side of things.

@Oscar did you ever go see a coach or do the webinars? Based on your other resent post sounds like it has had a positive influence on your training?

As many notable people on this forum use buteyko breathing I believe I can not ignore this technique any longer.

I think I will work on level 2 in the advanced buteyko app for a couple weeks, then see about doing a webinar. I guess I still would like to see a significant improvement in my easy breath hold before I get into the webinar side of things.
Karl, I did the full course. I didnt do it specifically for my training, but for health reasons. It has solved the issues I wanted to solve, I could say.

I wasnt training seriously before learning buteyko, so I dont have a clear before/after picture. I was training on and off, I only started being consistent after I did buteyko.

I dont have a doubt that it helps with physical activity. It reduces the breathing frequency and the heart rate. I have completed the Simple standard and a snatch test with 20 kg in all cases keeping the biomechanical breathing match and not needing to breathe through my mouth. My HR went to 170 in both cases. I know it's not a huge accomplishment, but completing the test I trained for for 2 years while nose breathing is not minor for me.

Many smart and strong fellas here do buteyko. You can't go wrong trying it.

@Oscar did you ever go see a coach or do the webinars?
@Karl, I am pleased and proud to say that @Oscar was my Buteyko student, and so was @Al Ciampa and Al is now a teacher in our school. (And I have recommended to Oscar that he consider becoming one as well!)

Although I have taught a group course, I now only do one-on-one instruction via a combination of video (Skype, Facetime, etc.), telephone calls, and emails. You and anyone else interested can signup for the course at the web site I gave the link to in the earlier post in this thread.

As many of you know, I am not a trainer or coach for most of my living, I'm a musician, primarily a teacher but also a regular performer. I teach a few non-musical things because those things have had a profound, positive impact on my own life and I feel obligated to share the skills I've learned with others. This means I teach for three organizations: StrongFirst, Advanced Buteyko, and Flexible Steel. Each gets my strongest, highest recommendation for what it has done for my life, and for what I think each can do for the lives of others.

-S-

@Steve Freides - that is really good news, I will probably work towards improving my level 2 for awhile. To be honest it will probably not be until the fall before I can really get into it. I have to respect the training of breathing from a person who’s career partially relies on his lungs. I played the 3 low brass instruments through college.

I’ve been using level 2 since December last year, in addition to guidance from @Al Ciampa . It’s a very gradual process and I’m very much enjoying it. It has helped with energy levels and my sinuses. I also incorporate long periods of reduced breathing while sitting or walking.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom