all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed Buteyko

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

DanTF

First Post
Hey new to the forum and wanted to talk about buteyko breathing.
For as long as I can remember I have had nasal congestion, I came across buteyko about 2 months ago, initial progress was good, My CP started at about 13 and went to 15. Here is where I’m stuck, I practise slow breathing in morning/night (6 breath p/min for 10mins) and try get a couple of 10min breath hold walks in the day.
My left side nose always seems to go back to being blocked throughout the day, and always at night too.. I do feel a lot better since starting this training, but have felt a real Plateau lately. Has anyone else been in this situation, or have any exercises that they find work best.
Please let me know, I’d love to hear about your Buteyko journey ?

McKeown in The Oxygen Advantage mentioned drinking 1/2 to 1 t-spn of baking soda mixed with club soda or ACV to increase breath hold times. I just use the baking soda with water prior to most nose breathing cardio sessions. Seems to help.

Hey new to the forum and wanted to talk about buteyko breathing.
For as long as I can remember I have had nasal congestion, I came across buteyko about 2 months ago, initial progress was good, My CP started at about 13 and went to 15. Here is where I’m stuck, I practise slow breathing in morning/night (6 breath p/min for 10mins) and try get a couple of 10min breath hold walks in the day.
My left side nose always seems to go back to being blocked throughout the day, and always at night too.. I do feel a lot better since starting this training, but have felt a real Plateau lately. Has anyone else been in this situation, or have any exercises that they find work best.
Please let me know, I’d love to hear about your Buteyko journey ?
I started my Buteyko journey by reading Paul Sorvino’s book, “How to Become a Former Asthmatic.” When I wanted more, I began studying privately with Eduard Reuvers. My initial CP tested at 22 thanks to my prior work. Under Eduard’s tutelage, I reached a CP of 85. I now maintain about a 75 second CP and am a Master Instructor in Eduard’s school. I was a lifelong asthmatic; when my CP reached 40, I was able to reduce my medication; when my CP got to 60 and above, I was able to stop my medication entirely.

-S-

I started my Buteyko journey by reading Paul Sorvino’s book, “How to Become a Former Asthmatic.” When I wanted more, I began studying privately with Eduard Reuvers. My initial CP tested at 22 thanks to my prior work. Under Eduard’s tutelage, I reached a CP of 85. I now maintain about a 75 second CP and am a Master Instructor in Eduard’s school. I was a lifelong asthmatic; when my CP reached 40, I was able to reduce my medication; when my CP got to 60 and above, I was able to stop my medication entirely.

-S-
Ever use the baking soda trick ?

-S-
That’s amazing man, haha that CP seems so out of reach at the moment, I’ll check out Eduards school for sure. Any exercises that you found to be the most beneficial to you?

That’s amazing man, haha that CP seems so out of reach at the moment, I’ll check out Eduards school for sure. Any exercises that you found to be the most beneficial to you?
We use an app. It’s great. If you want to download it, just search for Advanced Buteyko. It’s free to download, free to use Level 1, Level 2 requires you to register with a username and a password, and after that, you need to work with a teacher from the site.

-S-

I found Pavel's comment in Second Wind on Buteyko very interesting re: health/performance
@Steve Freides if you know which part I'm talking about, any thoughts? Can DM if necessary, I don't know if I should post content from that course on the forum.

I found Pavel's comment in Second Wind on Buteyko very interesting re: health/performance
@Steve Freides if you know which part I'm talking about, any thoughts? Can DM if necessary, I don't know if I should post content from that course on the forum.
We could discuss this in the closed Second Wind part of the forum? I would also be interested.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom