all posts post new thread

Off-Topic Button down shirts

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
5'10", down to 178ish or so as of late. Reasonably lean but not bodybuilder lean.

For reasonably priced dress shirts or more casual button downs, Express slim fit and Gap slim fit work fine for me. For polos, I have some really lightweight ones I got on Amazon from 32 Degrees that work well also.

I was wondering how many responses like this would come in.

In what country do you have them made?
+1 to this. I contract with a Tailor in the Northern Va area called the Tailored Man. They take measurements, show swatch books, note style choices and send the the package to Hong Kong. I have had several made, all of which are my favorite shirts. TM is one of many businesses that use the same model. I cannot attest to any other business, but the model has given me great results. In terms of value, the shirts are more expensive than some department store house labels, but less expensive that Brooks Brothers, Polo, etc at the same fabric level.

Brooks Brothers. They have 3 or 4 fit lines. I get the Regent fit (which is second slimmest) with an 18-inch neck (which they NEVER have on the shelf) then take them to a seamstress to have middle taken in.

After years of swimming I found that I have a problem finding Men's button down shirts that I can wear buttoned for a tie, not feel confined across the upper chest, and which don't look puffy.

Given that the physiques of members here are pretty different from the average Joe...
-》 is there a brand that anyone's found that offers a comfortable fit?
(Not limited to US mfgs).
I never button the top part of a dress shirt even with a tie I just make sure the tie covers the button. You could look into custom shirts.

I have found Land’s End Tailored Fit works reasonably well for me (16/34, 43” chest size 32 pants). The Taileored fit takes material out of the waist area compared to the classic huge fit, and is still reasonable across the chest, unlike the slim fit. The quality isn’t what it was, but they aren‘t expensive and they have a good return policy, you can order 2 or 3 as a trial and exchange the ones that don’t fit. Plus they are always running 30 to 40% off “sales”, so not sure that is really a sale.

I contract with a Tailor in the Northern Va area called the Tailored Man. They take measurements, show swatch books, note style choices and send the the package to Hong Kong. I have had several made, all of which are my favorite shirts. TM is one of many businesses that use the same model. I cannot attest to any other business, but the model has given me great results. In terms of value, the shirts are more expensive than some department store house labels, but less expensive that Brooks Brothers, Polo, etc at the same fabric level.

Maybe @Steve Freides Strong1 could start a new business line....

custom or get stretch ones from Charles Tyrwhitt
Which size of Tyrwhitt shirts? Extra slim or Slim?
I find they are kinda tight across the shoulders when I got the same neck/sleeve as I have from Jo's.Bank in the past, for example

Which size of Tyrwhitt shirts? Extra slim or Slim?
I find they are kinda tight across the shoulders when I got the same neck/sleeve as I have from Jo's.Bank in the past, for example
they have alot of diff fits

Only wimps can fit into dress clothes. If I can find a dress shirt with a neck and shoulders wide enough then its make for a giant fat guy and its like wearing a tent. And forget about pants with enough booty room. I wear sweatpants or army pants.

Only wimps can fit into dress clothes. If I can find a dress shirt with a neck and shoulders wide enough then its make for a giant fat guy and its like wearing a tent. And forget about pants with enough booty room. I wear sweatpants or army pants.
I think dressing up is so funny. People think they're more dignified because they have a collar or the dude riding a horse with a bat. If I can't wear basketball shorts and a t-shirt, I don't want to attend or eat there.

Only a problem if you buy off the rack.

Larger men can look great in dress clothes if you have them tailored:

5-he-ain-t-stupid-or-stingy-1441880270.jpg

All my dress clothes are made for my big shoulders and big legs.

But when I don't have to dress up, I wear t-shirts and Mack Weldon WFH pants.

22 year old me would not of been able to resist. Thankfully my frontal lobe has (marginally) developed enough to return them and get a full refund.
That is funny...cause I am 25 and I indeed do get a kick by doing a hulk like growl and popping holes in the elbows of my shirtROFL

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom