all posts post new thread

Old Forum BW Strenght Excercises

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Hi everybody,

What bodyweight exercise is better for the spinal strength: back lever (pulls) or reverse leg lifts (standard -> headstand -> handstand)?

What would Pavel pick?
I know, I know: deadlifts. :)
But seriously, Pavel's opinion absolutely rules and it would mean a great deal to me.

Background: I'm stuck in a hotel room for a while but there are some usable bars outside.

Thanks!

I forgot to tell that I currently work on improving my pistols and one arm pushups. I also work on my pullups 2 or 3 times per week. I sometimes add divebombers to my pushups and hanging leg lifts to my pullup training sessions. For the spinal muscles, I'm working on my headstand RLL's a few times per week, since I had to pick something.

Thanks Inunnguaq! Plank seems great, I could focus on really leaning into it to move the weight to my back.
Unfortunately, I have no place to hook my feet for back extensions.

What about back bridges?

I also like one arm/one leg planks. Just holding the top position of the OA/OL pushup.

Spiro, presses into a handstand are great; if you cannot do them do the same from a headstand.

EMG tests show that just power breathing works the lower back very strongly if you maintain a neutral spine (e.g. during one-arm pushups).

For back extensions, ( good for lumbar spine ), you don't need to have your feet hooked,flat on the floor, you can extend arms and legs,together, and old in an eccentric contraction and relax.

Sorry, one word is missing, extend both legs and arms " UP " ! ( tension / relaxation )

Thanks to everyone!
I'll try progressing to presses to handstand. I'm already trying to breath properly with all my lifts/moves.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom