all posts post new thread

Kettlebell C&p and sq program

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
I've just been given a timeline goal April 28 to stack slabs of muscle on. Will need to keep the workouts relatively short as I workout at 3am before heading to work at 445am.

I've just been given a timeline goal April 28 to stack slabs of muscle on. Will need to keep the workouts relatively short as I workout at 3am before heading to work at 445am.

If I may ask, because I'm curious, what happens on April 28 that will require slabs of muscle?

I have a fancy pants reception that I want to look awesome and even more impressive for

I have a fancy pants reception that I want to look awesome and even more impressive for

I'm guessing you'll be wearing a suit? If so you probably don't need to do the squats (unless you're thinking you might get lucky, that's a different matter). Your focus on building broad shoulders is correct because that will make you look better in a suit. Any of the programs mentioned are good. You can also do shoulder presses German volume training style - work up to doing 10 sets of 10 reps. Brutal, but you will look big.

More kettlebell muscle is the one book I don't have so the wolf is off the list.

If we are being honest,custom-fitted tailored clothes will make you look better than any amount of muscle you can put on between now and The end of April.

(Significant lean muscle, which you’d want I imagine, is even harder to put on in such a short time.)

But I applaud this project so don’t worry about what I say!

Given that timeframe, I would narrow it down to 3 choices

Original kettlebell muscle
"the wolf"
Total Tension Conplex

How long are the workouts in Kettlebell Muscle, out of curiosity? One thing that attracts me to the idea of double KB complexes is how time-efficient they are. TTC workouts arent exactly short though, or so I’ve read.

I'd like to keep the workouts to 20-30 minutes. I need to get in, get it done, and hit the road for an hour and a half drive plus to work

Generally speaking, Geoff Neupert's programs are very time efficient and do not fail to deliver.

Here is one more suggestion concerning your time frame:
Kettlebell Burn Extreme also by Geoff Neupert. It is intended for four weeks.
Don't be misled by the fact that it is labeled a fat loss programme. Fat loss or muscle gain is mainly a question of nutrition.

How long are the workouts in Kettlebell Muscle, out of curiosity? One thing that attracts me to the idea of double KB complexes is how time-efficient they are. TTC workouts arent exactly short though, or so I’ve read.

30 min on average

I am looking at Prometheus, but I have a question. Would clean and push press (allowing me to do a heavier weight) be effective in building muscle? I am thinking about mixing sets of double clean and press with 16 kg with double clean and push press with 24 kg.

Regards,

Caleb
Push press with controlled negative should be okay.

I am looking at Prometheus, but I have a question. Would clean and push press (allowing me to do a heavier weight) be effective in building muscle? I am thinking about mixing sets of double clean and press with 16 kg with double clean and push press with 24 kg.

Regards,

Caleb

Get StrongFirst. Double 16s won't do too much for your muscle mass. Once you can do it with strict 24s presses, you are on the right path.

For some reason I'm drawn to the Prometheus protocol, but looking at KM I might see how it delivers. The only problem is the snatches. My ceiling is just too low.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom