all posts post new thread

Nutrition Caffeine Calculator

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Kenny Croxdale

Level 7 Valued Member
Caffeine Calculator
Perfect Coffee at Home | Michael Haft and Harrison Suarez

This is an interesting Caffeine Calculator based on drinking coffee.

"Over the next 24 hours, if you don't drink any more coffee, the amount of caffeine in your body will decline as the graph shows."

Coffee Caffeine Absorption Time

Caffeine that is ingested in a warm liquid form, such as in hot Coffee, gets into your system in about 10 - 15 minutes.

So consuming a cup of Coffee about 10 -15 minutes before a training session should be considered.

Charting The Decline of Caffeine In Coffee

This Chart approximates that one (1) cup of coffee contain about 177 milligrams of caffeine.

Hourly Caffeine Decline Breakdown

If you plug in the numbers on the Calculator, here's the amount of Caffeine in your system on a hourly basis; after drinking one (1) cup of coffee with 177 mg of Caffeine.

1) 158 mg of caffeine after one (1) hour

2) 140 mg of caffeine after two (2) hours.

3) 125 mg of caffeine after three (3) hours.

Caffeine Percentage Decline Per Hour

When you crunch numbers listed above, that would mean there is about a 10% decrease each hour in the amount of caffeine left in your system; 177 mg to 158 mg, 158 mg to 140 mg, 140 mg to 125.

Caffeine Tablets

Caffeine Tablets take longer to get into your system, since they need to be dissolve in the stomach. It takes them about a hour.

If a 200 mg Caffeine Tablets was taken with one cup of coffee, it would take around an hour for the 200 mg Caffeine Tablet to really kick in.

Thus, if your training session is a hour, you'd need to consider taking a Caffeine Tablet about 30 - 45 minutes or so before your training session.

Caffeine Anhydrous Power

Based the information above, it appears that if you dissolved a Caffeine Tablet in to warm water or coffee or ground up the Caffeine Tablet with a Pill Grinder and mixed it into warm water or coffee, it should get into your system within 10 - 15 minutes, as with hot coffee.

In this situation, consuming a cup of Coffee with in some form of Caffeine Power (dissolved or ground up) mixed in with it about 10 -15 minutes before a training session, seem to be a good option.

Caffeine Calculator
Perfect Coffee at Home | Michael Haft and Harrison Suarez

This is an interesting Caffeine Calculator based on drinking coffee.

"Over the next 24 hours, if you don't drink any more coffee, the amount of caffeine in your body will decline as the graph shows."

Coffee Caffeine Absorption Time

Caffeine that is ingested in a warm liquid form, such as in hot Coffee, gets into your system in about 10 - 15 minutes.

So consuming a cup of Coffee about 10 -15 minutes before a training session should be considered.

Charting The Decline of Caffeine In Coffee

This Chart approximates that one (1) cup of coffee contain about 177 milligrams of caffeine.

Hourly Caffeine Decline Breakdown

If you plug in the numbers on the Calculator, here's the amount of Caffeine in your system on a hourly basis; after drinking one (1) cup of coffee with 177 mg of Caffeine.

1) 158 mg of caffeine after one (1) hour

2) 140 mg of caffeine after two (2) hours.

3) 125 mg of caffeine after three (3) hours.

Caffeine Percentage Decline Per Hour

When you crunch numbers listed above, that would mean there is about a 10% decrease each hour in the amount of caffeine left in your system; 177 mg to 158 mg, 158 mg to 140 mg, 140 mg to 125.

Caffeine Tablets

Caffeine Tablets take longer to get into your system, since they need to be dissolve in the stomach. It takes them about a hour.

If a 200 mg Caffeine Tablets was taken with one cup of coffee, it would take around an hour for the 200 mg Caffeine Tablet to really kick in.

Thus, if your training session is a hour, you'd need to consider taking a Caffeine Tablet about 30 - 45 minutes or so before your training session.

Caffeine Anhydrous Power

Based the information above, it appears that if you dissolved a Caffeine Tablet in to warm water or coffee or ground up the Caffeine Tablet with a Pill Grinder and mixed it into warm water or coffee, it should get into your system within 10 - 15 minutes, as with hot coffee.

In this situation, consuming a cup of Coffee with in some form of Caffeine Power (dissolved or ground up) mixed in with it about 10 -15 minutes before a training session, seem to be a good option.
I've read somewhere that a persons ability to clear caffeine from their system can vary close to ten-fold. Some folks can pound it, some can't.

@Don Fairbanks, I remember hearing the same thing. I can tell you this from experience, before I retired and was working nights, if I drank coffee past midnight I had difficulty falling asleep even several hours later. At the same time some of my coworkers were able to drink a 24 oz coffee, drive home and go right to sleep.

I think our personal tolerances are different in this respect.

@Don Fairbanks, I remember hearing the same thing. I can tell you this from experience, before I retired and was working nights, if I drank coffee past midnight I had difficulty falling asleep even several hours later. At the same time some of my coworkers were able to drink a 24 oz coffee, drive home and go right to sleep.

I think our personal tolerances are different in this respect.
For sure. I've heard similar tolerance ranges for oxalates, which was a range around ten-fold as well. Some folks can pound vegetables some can't. Guessing this applies in many areas of food and drink.

In the past when I was training (somewhat more seriously than I do these days) for a big and significant one day ascent I would go on a caffeine sabbatical for a month before the climb. First thing on the day of the climb I would overload on coffee and caffeine tablets. I can’t say that this practice is healthy (many things I do are not...) but it sure seemed to work from a performance perspective. Did some of my best climbs ever using this method...

I've read somewhere that a persons ability to clear caffeine from their system can vary close to ten-fold. Some folks can pound it, some can't.
I have always been able to pound coffee and be unphased. Recently i did the 23 and me dna test and one of the results said I possess a gene where caffeine has little to no effect. Interesting stuff, i will often make a mid day cup of coffee then take a nap after i finish it.

I am “one of those” who isn’t particularly effected by caffeine. I like how it makes me feel, but I can drink coffee at midnight and sleep just fine, and I also wisely vary my consumption, just based on my mood, e.g., sometimes no coffee or very little for a few days in a row.

-S-

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom