all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Call for Research Subjects for the Latest A+A Swing Protocols

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
@BaxSouthPaw, please start a PM with me and @aciampa and we'll get you fixed up.

Al, let's get together a set of instructions so people can know how to figure out if they're _ready_ for any/some/all of your protocols - if you think we could.

-S-

I apologize for any confusion gentlemen. I'm new to all of this, and very much appreciate the time and effort you put into it.

Hi @aciampa I was hoping for a little direction from you. I'd love to participate in one of your research protocols. I was following Lazy Endurance until late last year but had to stop because of a small injury. I've spent the last 6 months training for my first GS Longcycle competition (which is this Saturday). Starting next week I'm shifting gears back into hard style to prep for the SFG I at the end of sept in Vancouver. I am going to start ROP again, can you suggest one of your protocols that would pair well with ROP and help to prep me for the SFG I, if you think that would be good idea?
Thanks very much

None of these pair well with ROP. The snatch protocols should bring you close, then you can get more specific a month or so out.

Poke around here. Some people are trying S&S swings paired with ROP presses. Let's call it

Passage On The Rite

:)

-S-

@aciampa

I just completed my snatch test for my SFG2 after using the 523A2.0 TSC snatch protocol as prep.

For my next major goal I would like to work up to getting 100 reps with the 32kg in 5 minutes. I would like to hit with the 28kg first as a stepping stone goal.

would you have any protocols that would suit my goals?

@Tommygray89 currently, I am pushing snatch protocols with no end state or goal other than improved strength and health. They may or may not support your goals. We can include you if you like.

I will be restarting Lazy Endurance in 2 weeks time as I couldn't perform my tests last time I ran through it (due to 2 unrelated injuries). Would this be a good feeder into a snatch based protocol?

I will be restarting Lazy Endurance in 2 weeks time as I couldn't perform my tests last time I ran through it (due to 2 unrelated injuries). Would this be a good feeder into a snatch based protocol?

A very good feeder indeed! What bell are you prepared to use for LE?

@aciampa I am planning on being conservative with my weight this time around and using a 32kg. I have been away from 1 hand swings for a couple of months, doing much lower volume heavy double cleans in the meantime, and don't want burn myself out. That said when I last ran LE I was handling the 40kg like a toy by the end of it, so I could imagine I could use the 40kg if the first couple of sessions went easily enough.

@aciampa I am planning on being conservative with my weight this time around and using a 32kg. I have been away from 1 hand swings for a couple of months, doing much lower volume heavy double cleans in the meantime, and don't want burn myself out. That said when I last ran LE I was handling the 40kg like a toy by the end of it, so I could imagine I could use the 40kg if the first couple of sessions went easily enough.

Work back to the 40 as you can, and we will discuss snatching after LE is complete.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom