all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Call for Research Subjects for the Latest A+A Swing Protocols

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Al Ciampa

Level 7 Valued Member
StrongFolk,

Similar to the last post of this nature, I am again reaching out for those who would be interested in participating in one of the many A+A protocols that we are testing.

The information below is intended both for previous participants in the Lazy Endurance protocol, and anyone new who wants to join us.

Previous participants: You are under no obligation to continue with a new protocol. You may return to whatever other training you wish, but if you'd like to go another round with us, keep reading.

New participants: We are testing A + A (Alactic + Aerobic) protocols. They are all variants of the same basic concept, namely that your training will consist of a brief interval of hard work followed by a prescribed recovery period, repeated for a variable number of iterations.

This is the same _kind_ of thing as Kettlebell: Simple & Sinister, but it is _not_ the _same_ thing. We know S & S works - we are now, if you will, polishing the chrome, looking at the details of implementation to find what kind of results we get when we use specific protocols - specific rest periods, heavier or lighter weights, adding other strength and/or conditioning activities to your training, etc.

We have 5 protocols open for testing. They are:

Plan 102: 10 x 1-h swings performed on the minute in four variable-length sessions per week, for five weeks. This is a good program for seasoned S&S'ers who would like to stay in that lane, and perhaps reach the S&S goals with a heavier bell. It had some success in getting folks to their S&S goals.

Plan 103: 5 x 1-h swings performed on the minute in four variable-length sessions per week, for 6 weeks. You should be competent with the 1-h swing. This protocol has had success in improving aerobic capacity.

Plan 104a: similar to plan 103, but three sessions per week. Due to the volume, this protocol should be used as a follow up to 103, and has not been tested yet.

Plan 104b: similar to plan 103, but three sessions per week, plus one low-intensity locomotive activity session per week, i.e., jogging, or biking. This protocol should also be used as a follow up to 103, and you should be competent in your chosen locomotive activity. This has not been tested yet.

Plan 104c: similar to plan 103, but three sessions per week, plus C&P ladders in each session. This protocol should also be used as a follow on to 103, and you should be competent with the single clean and press. This has not been tested yet.

You may reply in this thread to indicate your interest. The details of your pre- and post-testing requirements will be detailed in the specific forum that we've created for each protocol. We absolutely want and need you to test before and after to know how well the protocol has worked in achieving its goals for you.

If you are replying to indicate your interest, just tell us which specific plan; when we know what you want to do, we will add your name for access to the specific forum for the plan you're going to follow. You can log your progress there and we will provide feedback and guidance along the way.

Important Notes:

- Please keep the information about the protocol, including your questions specific to it, in the forum created for that protocol, and don't post those here.

- Please do not ask to join a particular protocol unless you are 100% committed to following it, and are ready to start it now. The forums are for people who are doing the protocols only.

Thank you in advance!

I would be interested in participating in plan 104c. Thank you.
Reckon I will have to come out of lurking for a few weeks. :)

@Marius
@Jim Staley
@Neal Sivula

You are all good to go - please report any problems with access here or via PM to me.

Please keep the information about the protocol, including your questions specific to it, in the forum created for that protocol, and don't post those here.

-S-

Any chance I could take a closer look at each Protocol to see which one I'd like to do? I am currently on the last week of Protocol 520.

104b. I'd love to see how this programming compares to my Spartan Race Training programming.

I'd be down for 103 and add 104c.
One protocol at a time, please.

I'd like to give 103 a go!
Done.

Any chance I could take a closer look at each Protocol to see which one I'd like to do? I am currently on the last week of Protocol 520.
You are welcomed to PM Al (the person who started this thread) and ask questions, Louka.

Put me me in 102 please.
Done.

104b please
Done.

104b. I'd love to see how this programming compares to my Spartan Race Training programming.
Done. Welcome to the forum, Todd.

-S-

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom