all posts post new thread

Bodyweight Calling all cars.. to anyone who's actually made progress following the Convict Conditioning System

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Hello,

@Sergej
Thank you ! :) I send you by PM my email address :)

Kind regards,

Pet'

Hello pet', don't mean to seem ungentlemanly, but I was really disappointed with Jailhouse Strong.

It might be fun to flip through however.

so my experience with CC style of training wasn't so great. I made okay gains with pushups and pull ups, but stalled out with stuff like bridges and squats. and I didn't experience much carry over to other activities. my road to strength really when learned about power breathing. also for lower body work I found it easier to build my strength with swings, front squat and goblet squats. they carried over to Pistols/bridges more then the pistol progressions did in my case.

CC1 accompanied with the "super faq" which was free to download were both excellent. I gained mass from doing high-rep early steps and felt very good. I learned how to do HSPU's for reps. Eventually, however, "unfortunately", my love for Kettlebells and the genius that is S&S prevented me progressing further.

Tl;dr, I chose S&S over CC.
I'm with you here. But, I've done a lot with callisthenics too, over the years. CC was a great read, entertaining, and opened up my mind to the possibilities of training with minimal equipment. This in turn led me to study Al Kavadlo's books and systems. He is a real person and definitely practices what he preaches. He has several worthwhile books, but if you were to read "Get Strong" you'll find his method for us plebs on how to get strong (as the title says) with callisthenics. The thing is though that if you look at such a program and then compare it with S&S, it's just simply much much easier to "get strong" doing the more simpler program of S&S than following the much more complicated program of callisthenics. No matter how nifty it is to be able to acquire remarkable strength through minimal equipment, I did happen to have a few hundred dollars available for a one time purchase of 3 kettlebells in my life (24, 32, 40) (bought several more later on of course!), and I can get more bang for my exercise buck so to speak with them.

I'm not at all "done with" callisthenics. I'm working on some of the advanced moves of Kavadlo like the lever on the bar, one arm pushups and squats and so forth.

Reactions: apa
It is a wonderful feeling going from barely being able to go from 1 getup with a 32 to being able to do 5 of them per side so slowly even that you take a 5 second pause at each stage 5 days or more in a row. No muscle soreness, and you can do your physically demanding job better every day. Week to week and so forth. I love it!

It is a wonderful feeling going from barely being able to go from 1 getup with a 32 to being able to do 5 of them per side so slowly even that you take a 5 second pause at each stage 5 days or more in a row. No muscle soreness, and you can do your physically demanding job better every day. Week to week and so forth. I love it!
Can't reproduce this too well with callisthenics though. It's very different holding a weight and BEING the weight, hehehe. I'm working on the Lever move on the bar. Interesting. Chinups just don't cover enough muscle groups for me, but the Lever seems to engage a lot more parts of the body, maybe even all of it?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom