all posts post new thread

Nutrition Calories in Steak

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

IMayAgainKnowChris

Level 5 Valued Member
Been trying to accurately get an idea of how many calories I’m eating in a day for a while. I track weights/amounts of food and had a good idea but I’m really in a pickle when it comes to steak… The more I look it up the more I get CRAZY different amounts of calories in 1lb steak depending on what site I check or which app my wife uses.

I was under the impression 1lb of NY strip steak was about 1,000 calories and about 80g protein. My wife just checked her one app and it said for 1.2 lbs it was about 300 calories and 40g protein. Clearly that can’t be right…? I get that depending on the fat content of the individual steak it’s going to vary but can someone give me a general idea about calories/protein in 1lb NY strip and maybe also 1lb sirloin? (That same app said 1lb sirloin was 748 cal and 140g protein) Those are usually the cheapest/most tender for my money around me so that’s what I tend to buy.

Been doing really well as far as getting stronger leaning out (everywhere except my love handles) so I figured it’s time to do some math and make sure I’m not severely over or under consuming what I think I am in a day.
I get that “if it ain’t broke don’t fix it” and what I’m doing seems to be working. It’s just kind of a brain tickler right now with how wildly different the nutritional info I’m getting from different places is. Thank you.

Been trying to accurately get an idea of how many calories I’m eating in a day for a while. I track weights/amounts of food and had a good idea but I’m really in a pickle when it comes to steak… The more I look it up the more I get CRAZY different amounts of calories in 1lb steak depending on what site I check or which app my wife uses.

I was under the impression 1lb of NY strip steak was about 1,000 calories and about 80g protein. My wife just checked her one app and it said for 1.2 lbs it was about 300 calories and 40g protein. Clearly that can’t be right…? I get that depending on the fat content of the individual steak it’s going to vary but can someone give me a general idea about calories/protein in 1lb NY strip and maybe also 1lb sirloin? (That same app said 1lb sirloin was 748 cal and 140g protein) Those are usually the cheapest/most tender for my money around me so that’s what I tend to buy.

Been doing really well as far as getting stronger leaning out (everywhere except my love handles) so I figured it’s time to do some math and make sure I’m not severely over or under consuming what I think I am in a day.
I get that “if it ain’t broke don’t fix it” and what I’m doing seems to be working. It’s just kind of a brain tickler right now with how wildly different the nutritional info I’m getting from different places is. Thank you.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom