all posts post new thread

Nutrition Can caffeine help after overeating?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Matiseli

Level 1 Valued Member
Hello,
sometimes I can't control myself and I eat too much. Then I am less productive than usual for a few hours. I feel bloated. Do you think coffee would help me gain more energy? If so, how much amount of it would you recommend?
Thank you for answer.

I'd reach for some apple cider vinegar in water, take a walk and breathe from the diaphragm. Those work best for me to speed up digestion.

Coffee makes me feel worse if I've overeaten. YMMV. I also vote for walking and diaphragmatic breathing.

Caffeine could also jack up your cortisol, stress you out, add more stress to your overeating stress, then you stress eat.
Can you go for a walk as @Phil S mentioned ?
This was my thinking, more caffeine will likely affect your sleep and make you more likely to overeat the next day, and then repeat the process until you just quit overeating and quit extra coffee

Hot water with lemon is great for digestion (also just overall great), and it works for me. A nice alternative is mint infusion. It doesn't energize you as such but helps to mitigate some of the effects of overeating.

Hello,
sometimes I can't control myself and I eat too much. Then I am less productive than usual for a few hours. I feel bloated. Do you think coffee would help me gain more energy? If so, how much amount of it would you recommend?
Thank you for answer.
I love a coffee at the end of a nice meal in a restaurant.

-S-

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom