all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Can you decouple swings and TGUs in S&S

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Depends on your needs and whether it is even prudent to do so. For instance I'd see decoupling as a necessary thing if I were going above Simple weight (pursuing Timeless Sinister) to be relatively fresh for my afternoon Muay Thai or Jiu Jitsu lessons if for some reason I can't recover as well.

I didn't include this in my question, but this is what I had in mind. My Muay Thai classes are going to restart next week. I thought it would be a good idea to just do the swings in the morning, go for MT in the evening and then do TGUs last thing in the night before retiring for the night.

Decoupling is also great when you phase in a new bell, because you wanna be fresh when you do your first TGUs with a heavier bell.

I didn't include this in my question, but this is what I had in mind. My Muay Thai classes are going to restart next week. I thought it would be a good idea to just do the swings in the morning, go for MT in the evening and then do TGUs last thing in the night before retiring for the night.

Hell if I had to I'd do goblet squats and swings in the morning one day and martial arts in the evening. Then the next day do goblet squats and getups and martial arts that evening if I had to.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom