all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Can you do the Bent Press?

Bent press is one of my favorite exercises. I love it. I have a three rep complex that I like to do with it. Clean and slow bent press, return to rack, then fast bent press, return to rack, then fast bent press, wiggle into bottom of squat, and stand up. Here is a demonstration with my 27 kg bell.

One of my favorite-lifts that I never do.
I was on a mission to get to bodyweight last year... Dropped 60kg (bent pressing with barbell) on my head (unfortunately can't find the video) and haven't done any heavier since then
Bent pressing 3@48 kg kb.

My style of pressing is different from left to right. My strong side (my right side) is more hip-hike (video) and my left is more twist (support on the other leg with the arm).

No real need to go heavy on them... I got stuck with my hand in the 48kg and had to bail out once, could not drop it, so overextended my elbow on the drop... Since then I have reoccuring tendinitis in that particular elbow.

Strongest female bent presser Tiffany here, up to 50 kg... amazing! She has some very good technique videos. Most of her kettlebell technique is sport style (GS) but she does both that and hardstyle and also does a good job explaining differences between the styles for various movements.

Back
Top Bottom