all posts post new thread

Barbell Can Zercher Squats do it all?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
I’m wondering if you or anyone else can provide me with a quality step-by-step guide to zercher lifts.

I have some questions on technique and want to make sure I am doing them correctly.
The StrongFirst Barbell 201 classes have a focus on them and military press. I haven't been able to fit one in my schedule yet (there's one an hour away from me tomorrow and I really wanted to go but it's my son's birthday), but the first chance I get I'm definitely going.

@oukeith1, here I am doing the version I mentioned:

-S-

Thanks. I am mostly looking for specific instruction on stance width during the DL and squat portion.

Out of the rack, I was using a narrow stance and upright torso, which felt pretty good.

From the floor, I am using a much wider stance and “foot angle” in order to make the transition from DL to squat. It does not feel as natural. (Not necessarily wrong.)

What is interesting is how different each of these felt. Out of the rack, I felt my upper back working much harder than from the floor, for whatever reason.

Potentially will just go find a coach.

@BJJ Shawn - I would love to go to a SF live class one day. But I’m not aware of them in MI.

I’m wondering if you or anyone else can provide me with a quality step-by-step guide to zercher lifts.

I have some questions on technique and want to make sure I am doing them correctly.
Not sure if you have seen it or if it was already posted, but you can watch Zercher squat tutorial video from Strongfirst Barbell course for free.
Here is the link:

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom