all posts post new thread

Bodyweight can't even do elevated Pushup

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

aliten10

Level 5 Valued Member
hi. i'm 19 years old and super weak,my arms look like a straw.recently i read Naked Warrior and i can't do elevated one-arm pushup and wall-pushup feels too easy. what exercises and progression do you recommend to get strong enough for elevated OAP? thank you.

hi. i'm 19 years old and super weak,my arms look like a straw.recently i read Naked Warrior and i can't do elevated one-arm pushup and wall-pushup feels too easy. what exercises and progression do you recommend to get strong enough for elevated OAP? thank you.

Please check out a great tip by @Karen Smith , Certified StrongFirst Master Instructor:

StrongFirst on Instagram: “[PUSH-UP TECHNIQUE TIP] AUDIO ON Anyone working towards their first one-arm push-up—or even a standard push-up from the ground—will tell…”

...and an article:

https://www.strongfirst.com/6-week-program-master-oaoaol-push/

Yes... train consistently, follow the articles, and EAT! Meat (or some other protein), and veggies. Give your body some materials to build with.

How many regular pushups can you do?

How many regular pushups can you do?
My thought exactly. Work standard pushups until you can knock off at least 20 full range pushups without losing rep speed between rep 1 and rep 20. Then you may want to either work up to 20 feet elevated pushups or 20 pushups with wearing a weight vest or start working power pushups. IMO, working on OAP progressions before building a solid base of strength with standard pushups is not a path to success.

Then you may want to either work up to 20 feet elevated pushups or 20 pushups with wearing a weight vest or start working power pushups. IMO, working on OAP progressions before building a solid base of strength with standard pushups is not a path to success.

+1 to Weight Vest Pushups!
(After building up to 20 Regular Pushups)

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom