all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Can't Finish Phase 2 of Geoff Neupert's Plan from Bodybuilding.com

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

MattIsFat

Level 2 Valued Member
I am having a hard time getting a full 30min on the MP/FSQ and full 20 min on the swings. Form breaks down or I feel failure coming on at about the 15 minute mark. On MP/FSQ this means I get in 3-5 sets of each movement. I'm fine from an energy standpoint. It's muscle fatigue that makes me end it. I have just been stopping at that point and doing mobility work. Should I keep going with lower reps until the time runs out? Is this all part of the plan?

I'm using double 20kg. My RM are the following: MP = 9, FSQ = 10, Swing = 16.

The program: The 12-Week Muscle-Building Kettlebell Master-Plan | Bodybuilding.com

Not an expert but I feel I know what I would do. No one has answered yet so hopefully this helps. My goal would be to get through the program and kettlebells are weights that cant be changed and jumps are significant. I personally would wait a little longer on rest sets if that could help me. Also some fast and loose drills in between. Recovery methods after. Or possibly wait an extra day on rest depending on how my body feels. Personally i have a difficult time on finishing programs and have went too hard in the past.

I'm kind of thinking that maybe you (the op) may be rushing between sets??? I have been guilty of that too many times before thinking that getting the heart rate jacked is a true sign of a successful workout. Slowing my pace and concentrating on good form has actually given me better results in the long going run.

Thanks for the replies!

I did round down the RM.

I use a timer for rest and have been doing 90sec.

Off days are pretty much just foam rolling and stretching.

7-8 hours.

Of note, the article states "Your goal is to do as many sets of each exercise, with perfect form, as you can in that time."

So I wonder if Geoff expects not everyone to finish the 30min

7-8 hours.

Of note, the article states "Your goal is to do as many sets of each exercise, with perfect form, as you can in that time."

So I wonder if Geoff expects not everyone to finish the 30min

Also, I'm getting incrementally stronger/leaner/bigger but it sucks only working out 15 minutes 3x/week coming from S&S where I was doing 6 days a week.

I am having a hard time getting a full 30min on the MP/FSQ and full 20 min on the swings. Form breaks down or I feel failure coming on at about the 15 minute mark. On MP/FSQ this means I get in 3-5 sets of each movement. I'm fine from an energy standpoint. It's muscle fatigue that makes me end it. I have just been stopping at that point and doing mobility work. Should I keep going with lower reps until the time runs out? Is this all part of the plan?

I'm using double 20kg. My RM are the following: MP = 9, FSQ = 10, Swing = 16.

The program: The 12-Week Muscle-Building Kettlebell Master-Plan | Bodybuilding.com

@MattIsFat

That's perfectly fine. The time frames are actually limits, as in, "train no longer than ______."

Also, I'm getting incrementally stronger/leaner/bigger but it sucks only working out 15 minutes 3x/week coming from S&S where I was doing 6 days a week.

@MattIsFat ,

So let me get this straight -

You're upset because you're seeing the "gainz" you're looking for by training LESS?

To put that in context - would you be upset if your boss paid you more for working less?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom