all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Cant swing all of a sudden!!!

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Ilya

Level 1 Valued Member
Hi Guys,

For the last 3 months I've been using the 32kg for my 100 single arm swings and get ups. I've been making alot of great progress and my technique has really gotten quite good .

And then all of a sudden I come in one day two weeks ago and I realise I cant swing anymore , can barley get to the end of 100 sings with the 32kg bell anymore and then the following week I can barley do any.

has anybody else experienced this? I have bee reading lately about Central Nervous System fatigue , which takes a lot longer to recover, could it be this?

I felt fine and no more fatigued than usual on my last attempt, but the 32kg just feels too heavy all of a sudden. I took 4 days have off and I feel the same this week, if feels as though I can barley grip the Bell anymore, my grip strength just gives in.

Though strangely its just my swings that are effected, my get ups are fine, in fact they are getting better, its just my swing. :{ Im very sad, plus I also have my SFG1 coming up in October.

Any ideas guys?

Cut volume by 50% or so and increase your rest for the next week or two and give your body a chance to recover.

Making sure to have heavy, medium, and light days in both volume and intensity is important.

Keep us posted

I have bee reading lately about Central Nervous System fatigue , which takes a lot longer to recover, could it be this?

Yeah don't worry about this, and certainly don't go down any "adrenal fatigue" :rolleyes: rabbit holes. You're probably just a bit overworked and needed a break.

How's your sleep and nutrition?

I'll take what you said into consideration guys, many thanks.

And thanks for the warm welcome, much appreciated.

Cut volume by 50% or so and increase your rest for the next week or two and give your body a chance to recover.

Making sure to have heavy, medium, and light days in both volume and intensity is important.

Keep us posted

Ok, I will do as you suggested. Though I have to prepare of my snatch test...which was going very well.
Do you think I should rest completely for a few days?

I'm not a medical doctor, but there have been a couple of quite severe cases of overtraining in my circle of friends. Sometimes it's quite hard to recognize the symptoms creeping in especially if they're not affecting the performance. I would suggest you to rest completely for a few days and start easy, looking out for any signs of overtraining.

llya,
A couple of days of extra rest and some reduced volume and intensity training will help you recover and come back stronger.
Get some walks or low heart rate "cardio" in as well.

@Ilya: Taking a few days off might be the perfect time frame to play around with simple Original Strength resets: Rocking, Abdominal Breathing, Contra-Lateral Movement (crawling, marching), Head Nods and Rolling. These resets are really refreshing for the CNS and the vestibular system and help to rebuild good movement patterns and reflexive stability. Chances are that you will feel better and more "knit together" after a couple of days and that your S&S practice will improve afterwards.

Just keep the resets playful and explore them mindfully. They can be really rewarding once you get the hang of it.

Hey Guys,

Just an update, I can now swing 44kg single hand! And do get ups witht he same weight! And went on to complete my Strong first lvl1 no problem, the advice posted here really helepd, some of it; looking back, was painley obvious I now realise :S was nice talking to people who have "been htere done that" After all, soviet weight lifters didint train usuing their 1rm all the time, nor did they train at maximal effort all the time.....that sums up my perivious issues, easy mistake to make in the current climate of the fitness industry which is all about how much, how many and how tired can i get/do :D.

Thanks guys.

Hi Guys,

For the last 3 months I've been using the 32kg for my 100 single arm swings and get ups. I've been making alot of great progress and my technique has really gotten quite good .

And then all of a sudden I come in one day two weeks ago and I realise I cant swing anymore , can barley get to the end of 100 sings with the 32kg bell anymore and then the following week I can barley do any.

has anybody else experienced this? I have bee reading lately about Central Nervous System fatigue , which takes a lot longer to recover, could it be this?

I felt fine and no more fatigued than usual on my last attempt, but the 32kg just feels too heavy all of a sudden. I took 4 days have off and I feel the same this week, if feels as though I can barley grip the Bell anymore, my grip strength just gives in.

Though strangely its just my swings that are effected, my get ups are fine, in fact they are getting better, its just my swing. :{ Im very sad, plus I also have my SFG1 coming up in October.

Any ideas guys?
I had a similar situation going from the 16 to the 24. The transition was easy and I felt GREAT then about 3 weeks in I noticed my power just wasn’t there. I started eating more and resting more between sets and it seems to have come back fine. But there were days when I was just like “WTF, I did this easily yesterday!” Don’t forget, 100 32k swings is pretty beastly my friend!

Yeah don't worry about this, and certainly don't go down any "adrenal fatigue" :rolleyes: rabbit holes. You're probably just a bit overworked and needed a break.

How's your sleep and nutrition?
I’m not picking at what you said... but I heard a good quote once that “you’re not overworked, you’re under recovered”.
And speaking of adrenal fatigue rabbit holes... a few nights I drank coffee at like 9pm and fell right asleep and CONVINCED myself I clearly had adrenal fatigue because if I didn’t I’d have been wired all night.
First you google “adrenal fatigue” then an hour later you’re watching flat earth videos on YouTube :cool:

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom